July 2016 wrap-up
I have the feeling insanity around our world makes me dive deeper into reading. So I read a lot in July, my best month so far this year:
Here is what I read in July:
10 in print
= with 2,573 pages, that is: 83 pages/day
+ 2 audiobooks
= with 22H23, that is: 43 mn/day
4 in mystery:
- The Long Way Home, by Louise Penny – audio
- All is Not Forgotten, by Wendy Walker
- Too Dark to Sleep, by Dianne Gallagher
- Murder at the Lanterne Rouge, by Cara Black – audio
2 in literary fiction:
- The President’s Hat, by Antone Laurain – ebook
- The Eskimo Solution, by Pascal Garnier – ebook
2 in verse:
- Purgatorio, by Dante
- Revolting Rhymes, by Roald Dahl
2 in graphic “novels”:
- The Black Island, by Hergé
- Agatha: The Real Life of Agatha Christie, by Anne Martinetti – this is nonfiction
1 in historical fiction:
- Max Gate, by Damien Wilkins
1 in nonfiction
- Orthodox Spirituality, by Dumitru Staniloae
My favorites in July
Reading Challenges recap
French Bingo: 28/25 – FINISHED
Classics Club: 4/50 (until end of 2018)
Cloak and Dagger (Mysteries): 19/21-30
Ebook challenge: 20/25
Historical fiction: 9/15
Japanese literature: 3/5
New authors challenge: 28/50
New Release (2016): 22/16-30
Nonfiction challenge: 8/11-15
Books in Translation: 18/12 – FINISHED
What’s in a Name: 3/6
Where Are You Reading?: 19/50 – to be finished in ??
Total of books read in 2016 = 55/100
- I hosted 2 guest-posts
- 5 of the 12 books I read were received for review
French Bingo 2016 has 17 participants and 23 reviews posted so far. It’s not too late to join. Don’t forget to link your reviews! And in case you are stuck, we have plenty of choices regularly updated.
- I organized 5 giveaways. The one for August at France Book Tours is now available. There are 2 books to choose from, and I will pick 2 winners. Be sure to follow through email not to miss weekly giveaways.
Most popular book review in July
Most popular post last month
– non book review –
Book blog that brought me
most traffic this past month
please go visit
Top commenters of the month
Inspired by Becca at I’m Lost in Books!
and her Blogger Shout-Outs feature
= 1 point per month for the top 3.
The one who has the most points at the end of the year will receive a gift!
NB: just congratulating winners of giveaways does not count as a real comment 😉
7: Lucy at The Fictional 100
6: Karen at Booker Talk
3: Freda at Freda’s Voice
3: Elizabeth at Silver’s Reviews
2: Katherine at I Wished I Lived In a Library
over 3,850 subscribers
over 116,700 hits
Plans for August
Start reading BEA copies I received for books to be released in September
Come back tomorrow
to see what I plan to read in August!
How was YOUR month of July?
Kathryn at The Book Date
has created a Month In Review meme
I’ll now be linking my monthly recap posts
Thanks Kathryn, great idea!