The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by
Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share news.
A post to recap the past week on your blog,
showcase books and things we have received.
Share news about what is coming up on your blog
for the week ahead.
See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
Wow, time flies! Looks like I have not done a Sunday post since last July…
Lots is happening right now: humming along between several clients and novels to translate.
And after a MAJOR computer crash, which ultimately was a wonderful spiritual experience, believe it or not, an experience of detachment and a lesson in dying,
I’m back into business, plugging along in Blogging 101 University, learning lots of new things (a new theme IS going to show up soon on this blog, finally!), and trying to be more active in memes.
So far, I’m also following my resolution of writing review as soon as I am done with a book, before diving headlong into the next – this is harder than you think!
Also catching up slowly but surely with reviews I should have posted in 2015, exactly what I plan on avoiding at the turn of next year! Discipline discipline!
BOOKS JUST READ
click on the covers to know more about them
- The Queen of the Night, by Alexander Chee.
Historical mystery to be released in February.
Set in France a t the end of the Second Empire.
So far slow
- Toward the Endless Day, by Olga Lossky.
Wonderful biography of Elisabeth Behr-Sigel,
the greatest Orthodox French female theologian of the 20th century.
Enjoying every page on this remarkable woman.
I had loved so much her own biography of her friend Father Lev Gillet
(aka A Montk of the EasternChruch)
The Brutal Telling, by Louise Penny.
Moving along in this delightful series.
I’m afraid I may know what’s going on
OR be totally caught in a red herring!!
Currently translating into French:
Greenwash, by Collen Cross.
Already translated 2 other books by her
BOOKS UP NEXT
- The Vatican Princess, by C.W. Gortner
I enjoyed so much his book on Coco Chanel, I want to read more by him
- Bury Your Dead, as audiobook.
#6 in the series
RECENTLY ON WORDS AND PEACE
and FRANCE BOOK TOURS
- 1/18: Book review: The Secret of the Old Clock
- 1/19: Top 10 Books I’ve Recently added to my TBR
- 1/20: Audiobook review: Etta and Otto and Russell and James
- 1/21: French book review: La Cache
- 1/21: Book bloggers: awesome books for free
- 1/22: Friday Finds
- 1/23: Book review and giveaway: Late Harvest Havoc
- 1/24: Sunday Sentence
- GIVEAWAY: January book of the month giveaway
- Review copy available: The Sword of the Maiden (Historical fiction)
- Review copy available: Messandrierre (mystery/romance)
COMING UP ON WAP and FBT
- 1/25-29: Virtual book tour with giveaway: The 6:41 to Paris
- Review: The Wright Brothers, by David McCullough
- Top 10 books set in France
- First Chapter First Paragraph: Late Harvest Havoc
- Friday 56
- Sunday Sentence
BOOK REVIEW MOST
READ THIS PAST WEEK
POST MOST VIEWED
ON FRANCE BOOK TOURS
BOOKS JUST ADDED
TO MY GOODREADS TBR
BOOK RECEIVED THIS PAST WEEK
The World Between Two Covers, received from the author.
About her year of reading a book per country
represented at the Olympics.
Eager to compare with my experience of reading a book
related to 53 different countries