The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized
by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal.
It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 4th
and runs through Sunday, January 10th in whatever time zone you are in.
Bout of Books is low-pressure.
There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional.
For all Bout of Books 15 information and updates,
be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog.
From the Bout of Books team
WHAT I READ ON DAY 1:
- Couple Mechanics, by Nelly Alard = 69 pages
- Toward the Endless Day, by Olga Lossky = 17 pages
- Albertine Disparue, by Marcel Proust = 12 pages
- The Secret of the Old Clock, by Carolyn Keene (Nancy Drew #1) – audio = 26 mn
TOTAL PAGES IN DAY 1= 98/455 pages
PAGES READ SO FAR= 98/455 pages
- I took part in the crazy Twitter Chat and met many new book bloggers
- I posted my task of the day on Twitter: Introduce Yourself #insixwords. I says it all!
- I posted a bookgiveaway
- And a book review: The Lady Agnès Mystery, vol 2
I’m amazed I managed to read all this, even with an hour of the chat taking on my reading time.
On the other had, I still need to send New Year greetings…
Here is the rest of the schedule:
Writing My Own Fairy Tale — Would You Rather
Ranty Runt of a Reader — The Rainbow Challenge
Bingeing on Books — Villain Mash Up
The Book Monsters — Scavenger Hunt
Once Upon a Chapter — The Comfy Reading Spot
What will I am reading from:
- Couple Mechanics, by Nelly Allard
- Albertine Disparue, by Marcel Proust
- Toward the Endless Day, by Olga Lossky
- Gaspar, Melchior & Balthazar, by Michel Tournier, maybe
- Audio: The Secret of the Old Clock, by Carolyn Keene (Nancy Drew #1)
- Maybe: La cache, by Christophe Boltanski
My daily reading average for 2015 was 63 pages a day.
So my challenge this week is to read 455 pages (average of 65 pages/day).
Not counting some time for audiobooks as well.