Estella’s Revenge, Girlxoxo, and Traveling with T
will be sharing their fave bookish
experiences from throughout the year.
Click on the logo above to check the schedule
and join the fun!
THIS IS HOW I READ
Dec 28 is for
#AMonthofFaves: This is How I Read – how do you pick your next book; what do you do after you’re finished reading a book (do you write a blog post, update Goodreads, put reviews on Amazon etc.; immediately start another book or let the book?)
So this is how I read, whether it’s a book in print, in digital format, or an audiobook. And I usually always have at least one of each of these 3 categories going on at the same time:
WHILE I’M READING:
- I usually post a picture on Instagram of the book I’m starting @wordsandpeace1
- I also move that book on my “currently reading” Goodreads shelf
- I start a new page on my Reading Notebook, as I take notes as I read – it makes my review writing so much easier! I also copy passages that I find would be neat to insert in my review
WHEN I AM DONE:
- I update the info on Goodreads
- I write down the book title and author in my Alphabetical notebook – having destroyed the one I had form my youth to 2001, I now want to be sure I have records of my reading since 2001, just in case internet explodes one day…
- I update my Reading Recap google spreadsheet
- and my Reading Challenges google spreadsheet – these 2 spreadsheets helps me mightily for my monthly stats and my mega stats at the end of the year
- ideally (I still dream of doing this on a regular basis, one day I will…), I would write my review right away, but I do only when I finished the just in time to post on the date I had promised to the author/publisher
- I read the notes I took in my notebook and underline in red what I plan in insert in my review
- I publish my review post – this goes automatically to twitter, facebook, and Google +
- I post my recap paragraph on Goodreads and leave there a link to my full review
- I do the same on Babelio (the French equivalent to Goodreads) if relevant to the book I read
- if it’s on a book I got for free by the author/publisher as an exchange for a review, I also cross-post my review on Amazon and Barnes & Noble
AND TO NEXT BOOK:
- I have another Google spreadsheet where I list chronologically a list of the books I absolutely need to read, if I got them for review from the author/publisher
- If I have some time before next due schedule, then it all depends on the mood of the moment: I may choose a book on my TBR bookshelf (either the physical one or the digital one), where I have placed them in the order I feel like I absolutely want to read this book asap!
- OR I may look at the list of Reading Challenges and see which book I should read to get closer to my goal.
- OR I may dive into a book I saw on the shelves at the library and could not resist (I go there at least 3 times/week, it’s only 10 minutes away from my house on foot, perfect destination for a daily walk, AND it’s just an amazing place!)
HOW DO YOU READ?
I’M CURIOUS TO KNOW ABOUT
YOUR OWN PRACTICE