November 2015 wrap-up
Not too many books read this pat month, but they were long!
Here is what I read in November:
= 2,279 pages, that is: 75.9 pages/day.
+ 0 audiobook = I didn’t have time for painting commissions. So I basically only listened to my audiobook while doing the dishes or other house chores
3 in nonfiction:
- French Illusions: From Tours to Paris, by Linda Kovic-Skow – ebook
- Alfred de Musset, by Gonzague Saint Bris – in French
- The Pleasures of Reading in an Age of Distraction, by Alan Jacobs
1 in historical mystery:
- The Lady Agnes Mystery vol 1, by Andrea Japp
2 in literary fiction:
- La septième fonction du langage, par Laurent Binet – my 1st ebook in French from Netgalley.fr!
- La prisonnière, by Marcel Proust – ebook in French
My favorites in November
Reading Challenges recap
French Bingo: 37/25 – DONE
Audiobook: 19/15 – DONE
Ebook challenge: 41/25 – DONE
Historical fiction: 18/25
Japanese literature: 3/5
My Kind of Mysteries: 28/21-30 – DONE
New authors challenge: 56/50 – DONE
New Release (2015): 49/31-45 – DONE
Nonfiction challenge: 12/16-20
TBR challenge: 5/12
Books in Translation: 22/12 – DONE
What’s in a Name: 6/6 – DONE
Where Are You Reading?: 18/50 – to be finished in 2016?!
Total of books read in 2015 = 99/100
- I participated in Nonfiction November, and proposed Book Pairings
- I received my first ebook fomr Negalley.FR!! This is so exciting! So now you will see more bilingual reviews. The only problem is that now it multiplies basically by 2 all he books I want to read, because now I have more access to them without breaking the bank!!
3 of the 6 books read were received for review.
66 reviews posted so far for my French Bingo 2015 Challenge, don’t forget to link yours with the mr Linky widget. Time to recap your BINGO!
I organized 2 giveaways in November. There’s always one going on at France Book Tours. Be sure to check the December Giveaway! 1 awesome book, containing 3 mysteries!
Most popular book review in October
Most popular post last month
– non book review –
Book blog that brought me
most traffic this past month
please go visit
Top commenters of the month
Inspired by Becca at I’m Lost in Books!
and her Blogger Shout-Outs feature
= 1 point per month for the top 3.
The one who has the most points at the end of the year will receive a gift!
NB: just congratulating winners of giveaways does not count as a real comment 😉
over 3,400 subscribers
over 100,600 hits
– I forgot to keep an eye in the day I passed 100,000!!
Blog plans for December
- I’m participating in #amonthoffaves. It will not be possible everyday, but I’m planning 7 more posts
- Time to recap my challenges
- Launch my French Bingo 216 – any idea is welcome!
- Come back tomorrow to see what I plan to read in December!
How was YOUR month of November?
Kathryn at The Book Date
has created a Month In Review meme
I’ll now be linking my monthly recap posts
Thanks Kathryn, great idea!