October 2015 wrap-up
Wow, it feels like I did this wrap-up for last month just yesterday! But the nice thing is that after an early frost, November begins with wonderful warm days.
Here is what I read in October:
= 4 books only, but with 1,351 pages, that is: 43.5 pages/day.
+ 2 audiobooks = 24:20 hours, that is an average of 47 mn/day (thanks to a long drive!)
2 in historical fiction:
- The Lake House, by Kate Morton – ebook
- The Spider and the Stone, by Glen Craney – ebook
2 in mystery:
- A Trick of the Light, by Louise Penny – audiobook
- The Crypt Thief, by Mark Pryor
1 in literary fiction:
- So You Don’t Get Lost in the Neighborhood, by Patrick Modiano
1 in fantasy
- Neverwhere, by Neil Gaiman – audiobook
My favorites in October
Reading Challenges recap
French Bingo: 31/25 – DONE
Audiobook: 19/15 – DONE
Ebook challenge: 37/25 – DONE
Historical fiction: 17/25
Japanese literature: 3/5
My Kind of Mysteries: 27/21-30
New authors challenge: 51/50 – DONE
New Release (2015): 45/31-45 – DONE
Nonfiction challenge: 9/16-20
TBR challenge: 5/12
Books in Translation: 21/12 – DONE
What’s in a Name: 6/6 – DONE
Where Are You Reading?: 18/50 – to be finished in 2016?!
Total of books read in 2015 = 92/100
- I took part in Travel The World In Books Readathon, and did 3 videos to review books set in France, Québec, and England
- I also did a video for Sherlockian Month at Book Bloggers International
3 of the 6 books read were received for review.
58 reviews posted so far for my French Bingo 2015 Challenge, don’t forget to link yours with the mr Linky widget.
I organized 5 giveaways in October. There’s always one going on at France Book Tours. Be sure to check the November Giveaway! 3 awesome books to choose from!
Most popular book review in October
click on the cover to access my review
Most popular post last month
– non book review –
Book blog that brought me
most traffic this past month
please go visit
Top commenters of the month
Inspired by Becca at I’m Lost in Books!
and her Blogger Shout-Outs feature
= 1 point per month for the top 3.
The one who has the most points at the end of the year will receive a gift!
NB: just congratulating winners of giveaways does not count as a real comment 😉
over 3,380 subscribers
over 98,720 hits
Blog plans for November
- I hope to keep the momentum and do a couple of videos
- A few posts for Nonfiction November, the first will be posted tomorrow
- I will review the new service called Playster
- Come back on Nov 7 to see what I plan to read in November!
How was YOUR month of October?
Kathryn at The Book Date
has created a Month In Review meme
I’ll now be linking my monthly recap posts
Thanks Kathryn, great idea!