September 2015 wrap-up
September is long gone, but I as away from the cyber-sphere at the turn of the month, so here is finally my recap. It may be old news for you, but I feel the need to o it for my own records. And who knows, you may learn about a few books you have not heard about before
Here is what I read in September:
= 6 books only, but with 1,625 pages, that is: 54.1 pages/day.
+ 1 audiobook = 9:45 hours, that is an average of 19 mn/day
4 in literary fiction:
- The 6:41 to Paris, by Jean-Philippe Blondel – ebook
- Bonjour tristesse, by Françoise Sagan – ebook
- Stoner, by John Williams – audiobook
- Sagan, Paris 1954, by Anne Berest
1 in children book, sort of:
- The Marvels, by Brian Selznick
1 in historical fiction
- Everyone Has Their Reasons, by Joseph Matthews
1 in nonfiction
- The Fictional 100, by Lucy Pollard-Gott
My favorites in September
Reading Challenges recap
French Bingo: 30/25 – DONE
Audiobook: 19/15 – DONE
Ebook challenge: 35/25 – DONE
Historical fiction: 15/25
Japanese literature: 3/5
My Kind of Mysteries: 26/21-30
New authors challenge: 49/50
New Release (2015): 44/31-45
Nonfiction challenge: 9/16-20
TBR challenge: 5/12
Books in Translation: 21/12 – DONE
What’s in a Name: 6/6 – DONE
Where Are You Reading?: 18/50 – to be finished in 2016?!
Total of books read in 2015 = 89/100
- On September 29, I celebrated my 5th blogiversary! The giveaway winner will be announced soon!
- To present a special book you should all read, I put together a literary quiz
- I took part in #30Authors
4 of the 7 books read were received for review.
53 reviews posted so far for my French Bingo 2015 Challenge, don’t forget to link yours with the mr Linky widget.
I organized 6 giveaways in September. There’s always one going on at France Book Tours. Be sure to check the October Giveaway! 2 awesome books to choose from!
Most popular book review in September
click on the cover to access my review
Most popular post last month
– non book review
Book blog that brought me
most traffic this past month
please go visit
Top commenters of the month
Inspired by Becca at I’m Lost in Books!
and her Blogger Shout-Outs feature
= 1 point per month for the top 3.
The one who has the most points at the end of the year will receive a gift!
NB: just congratulating winners of giveaways does not count as a real comment 😉
over 3,350 subscribers
over 97,626 hits
Blog plans for September
- I will take part in the Travel The World in Books Readathon
- Come back tomorrow to see what I plan to read in October!
How was YOUR month of September?
Kathryn at The Book Date
has created a Month In Review meme
I’ll now be linking my monthly recap posts
Thanks Kathryn, great idea!