August 2015 wrap-up
Wow, quite an interesting month!
I managed to read 6 books only, and the average number of pages per day is pathetically low (though I do need to add that I daily read a few pages of some big books, and when I get to the end, the numbers are going to be big for whatever month it is).
BUT I listened also to 6 audiobooks, and my average/ day is quite explosive, for me – almost 2 hours!
You may wonder why: a road trip and several painting commissions, especially a large one, and I always listen to audiobooks while painting.
Here is what I read in August:
= 6 books with 972 pages, that is: 31.3 pages/day.
+ 6 audiobooks = 60:15 hours, that is an average of 1H56/day!
5 in mystery:
- The Collector, by Anne-Laure Thiéblemont – ebook
- The Cruelest Month, by Louise Penny – audiobook
- The House of Silk, by Anthony Horowitz – audiobook
- Montmartre Mysteries, by Alaux and Balen – ebook, will be reviewed on 9/3
- The Art Forger, by Barbara Shapiro – audiobook
2 in literary fiction:
- The Buried Giant, by Kazuo Ishiguro – audiobook
- The Awakening, by Kate Chopin – audiobook
2 in children book:
- Interstellar Cinderella, by Deborah Underwood
- The Kissing Hand, by Audrey Penn
1 in historical fiction
- The Sisters of Versailles, by Sally Christie, will be reviewed on 9/5
1 in play
- Tragedy of The Sith’s Revenge, by Ian Doescher, will be reviewed on 9/5
1 in nonfiction
- H is For Hawk, by Helen Macdonald – audiobook
My favorites in August
Reading Challenges recap
French Bingo: 25/25 – DONE
Audiobook: 16/15 – DONE
Ebook challenge: 33/25 – DONE
Historical fiction: 14/25
Japanese literature: 3/5
My Kind of Mysteries: 25/21-30
New authors challenge: 44/50
New Release (2015): 39/31-45
Nonfiction challenge: 8/16-20
TBR challenge: 4/12
Books in Translation: 18/12 – DONE
What’s in a Name: 6/6 – DONE
Where Are You Reading?: 18/50 – to be finished in 2016?!
Total of books read in 2015 = 79/100
Number of books added to my TBR in August = 30
- I finally announced my participation in the yearly Japanese Literature Challenge!
4 only of the 12 books read were received for review, which means I’m getting much better at only requesting what I’m really dying to read, and plodding along with my TBR
- I was a guest-post at International Book Bloggers for their Back to School feature
- I shared my greatest kindle tip discovery!
47 reviews posted so far for my French Bingo 2015 Challenge, don’t forget to link yours with the mr Linky widget.
I organized 4 giveaways in August. There’s always one going on at France Book Tours. Be sure to check the September Giveaway! 2 awesome books to choose from!
Most popular book review in August
click on the cover to access my review
Can anyone tell me why suddenly
so many people come to read
my 3 year old review of Rebecca??
Most popular post last month
– non book review
Great kindle tip discovery
Book blog that brought me
most traffic this past month
please go visit
Top commenters of the month
Inspired by Becca at I’m Lost in Books!
and her Blogger Shout-Outs feature
= 1 point per month for the top 3.
The one who has the most points at the end of the year will receive a gift!
NB: just congratulating winners of giveaways does not count as a real comment 😉
7: Katherine at I Wish I Lived In a Library
6: Denise @DeniseDuvall2
5: Lucy at The Fictional 100
4: Martha at MG’s French Lit Page
1: MarinaSofia at Finding Time To Write
over 3,330 subscribers
over 95,610 hits
Blog plans for September
- Like last year, I’ll be hosting an author for the #30 Authors event.
- Really planning to do a few videos, for audiobooks and children books reviews
- Come back tomorrow to see what I plan to read in September!
How was YOUR month of August?
Kathryn at The Book Date
has created a Month In Review meme
I’ll now be linking my monthly recap posts
Thanks Kathryn, great idea!
Great month indeed! Happy September reading!
thank you, you too!