July 2015 wrap-up
Not a bad reading month, but I ended up reading books I had not originally planned to read in July. You never know what the postman may drop in your box one day!
Here is what I read in July:
= 6 books with 1,847 pages, that is: 59.6 pages/day.
+ 1 audiobook = 12:21 hours, that is an average of 23 mn/day
4 in mystery:
- Murder in the Marais, by Cara Black – audio
- The Woman in White, by Wilkie Collins – ebook
- The Bookseller, by Mark Pryor
- Tell No Lies, by Tanya Anne Crosby – ebook
1 in science-fiction:
- Armada, by Ernest Cline
1 in nonfiction:
- The Cost of Courage, by Charles Kaiser
1 in children book:
- The True Story of the 3 Little Pigs, by Jon Scieszka
My favorites in June
Reading Challenges recap
French Bingo: 22/25
Ebook challenge: 32/25 – DONE
Historical fiction: 13/25
Japanese literature: 2/6
My Kind of Mysteries: 20/21-30
New authors challenge: 37/50
New Release (2015): 34/31-45
Nonfiction challenge: 7/16-20
TBR challenge: 2/12
Books in Translation: 16/12 – DONE
What’s in a Name: 6/6 – DONE
Where Are You Reading?: 17/50 – to be finished in 2016?!
Total of books read in 2015 = 67/100
2 of the 7 books read were received for review, and one for work, as I had to translate it into French: Tell No Lies
- I won a box of 35 books at The Quivering Pen!! Be sure to enter his weekly giveaway. It’s usually one book, but once a year, it’s BIG box!
45 reviews posted so far for my French Bingo 2015 Challenge, don’t forget to link yours with the mr Linky widget.
I organized 2 giveaways in July. There’s always one going on at France Book Tours. Be sure to check the August Giveaway! 4 books to choose from!
- My Instagram account was featured on Book Bloggers International
Most popular book review in July
Most popular post last month
– non book review
Book blog that brought me
most traffic this past month
please go visit
Top commenters of the month
Inspired by Becca at I’m Lost in Books!
and her Blogger Shout-Outs feature
= 1 point per month for the top 3.
The one who has the most points at the end of the year will receive a gift!
NB: just congratulating winners of giveaways does not count as a real comment 😉
over 3,280 subscribers
over 98,800 hits
Blog plans for August
- Several books to read for reviews, come back tomorrow to see!
- Nothing special, apart from trying hard to write more reviews… It’s a constant battle
How was YOUR month of July?
Kathryn at The Book Date
has created a Month In Review meme
I’ll now be linking my monthly recap posts
Thanks Kathryn, great idea!