June 2015 wrap-up
Not sure what happened, and how I spent my evenings, apart from a time of vacation, where nature is my focus, but the stats are down this month.
Vacation though does explain the surge in audiobook time, especially the super long drive back, 12 hours, with downpours and many accidents. We were able to finish a whole audiobook at least!
Here is what I read in June:
= 6 books with 1,129 pages, that is: 37.6 pages/day.
+ 2 audiobooks = 24:06 hours, that is an average of 48 mn/day
4 in mystery:
- A Fatal Grace, by Louise Penny – audio
- The Tightrope Walker, by Dorothy Gilman
- The Beautiful Mystery, by Louise Penny – audio
- The Third Rule of Ten, by Gay Hendricks – ebook
3 in literary fiction:
- In a Grove, by Ryūnosuke Akutagawa – short story, ebook
- Rashomon, by Ryūnosuke Akutagawa – short story, ebook
- The Travels of Daniel Ascher, by Déborah Lévy-Bertherat
1 in historical fiction:
- Race to Tibet, by Sophie Schiller
My favorite in June
Reading Challenges recap
French Bingo: 19/25
Ebook challenge: 30/25 – DONE
Historical fiction: 12/25
Japanese literature: 2/6
My Kind of Mysteries: 16/21-30
New authors challenge: 33/50
New Release (2015): 32/31-45
Nonfiction challenge: 6/16-20
TBR challenge: 1/12
Books in Translation: 16/12 – DONE
What’s in a Name: 5/6
Where Are You Reading?: 17/50 – to be finished in 2015?!
Total of books read in 2015 = 60/100
Number of books added to my TBR in June = 26
2 of the 8 books read were received for review — I’m working a bit on my TBR, finally!
- Other Press has started sending me books in translation to review, thanks!
38 reviews posted so far for my French Bingo 2015 Challenge, don’t forget to link yours with the mr Linky widget.
I organized 2 giveaways in June. There’s always one going on at France Book Tours. Be sure to check the July Giveaway! 4 books to choose from!
- I’m starting to accept more guest-posts, 3 in June. The big news was that having won the super prize at Bout of Books, I got super gorgeous logos for France Book Tours. If you missed it, here is my post about it. You have to see what Shirley can design so cute!
Most popular book review in June
click on the cover to access my review
Most popular post last month
– non book review
Sunday Post #16
Book blog that brought me
most traffic this past month
please go visit
Top commenters of the month
Inspired by Becca at I’m Lost in Books!
and her Blogger Shout-Outs feature
= 1 point per month for the top 3.
The one who has the most points at the end of the year will receive a gift!
NB: just congratulating winners of giveaways does not count as a real comment 😉
5: Katherine at I Wish I Lived In a Library
4: Martha at MG’s French Lit Page
4: Denise @DeniseDuvall2
3: Lucy at The Fictional 100
over 3,250 subscribers
over 92,300 hits
Blog plans for July
- Mostly tackling my TBR!
- Come back tomorrow to see what books I’ll be reading in July.
- June was audiobook month. I know, that would have been perfect to do my video recap on the audiobooks I have listened to so far this year. I missed the boat, but still plan to do it!!
How was YOUR month of June?
Kathryn at The Book Date
has created a Month In Review meme
I’ll now be linking my monthly recap posts
Thanks Kathryn, great idea!
Yay for audiobooks! I love listening to them while driving on trips. I have gotten out of the habit but hope to remedy that this month.
Every month, I think my stats are going to get better. They never do. However, my July should be a much slower-paced month than the rest of the year. I really, really hope to get caught up this month.
I look forward to seeing what is on your list for July!
I always have an audiobook going on. it makes cleaning the house so much more fun! I also listen to them while ironing, cooking, doing the dishes, gardening, and painting. Good luck for July! My July titles will up early tomorrow
You had a really good month for books! Happy July reading!
merci, toi aussi
Great to get some audio listening in this month on the long vacation trip. I love the work Shirley and Creative Deeds has done for you for your win. Nice prize. First time on your blog so just having a little explore around!
thanks Kathryn for spending time on WAP. I also run France Book Tours as you saw. so if you see there books you want to get to review, feel free to sign up. Just launched today another tour that should be very good
Pingback: Sunday Post #17 – 7/5/2015 | Words And Peace