The IFFP over, May has been a month of catching up in reading, with titles and reviews long due. I now plan to work more on my TBR and a few reading challenges lagging behind
Here is what I read in May:
= 11 books with 1,979 pages, that is: 63.8 pages/day.
+ 1 audiobook = 10:59 hours, that is an average of 21 mn/day
4 in literary fiction:
- Look Who’s Back, by Timur Vermes
- George’s Grand Tour, by Caroline Vermalle
- Before Paris, by Adria J. Cimino – ebook
- The Room, by Jonas Karlsson
3 in nonfiction:
- How to Blog a Book, by Nina Amir – ebook
- Petite Confessions, by Vicki Lesage – ebook
- Bridges of Paris, by James St Michael
2 in mystery:
- The Girl on the Train, by Paula Hawkins – audiobook
- Leave No Trace, by Tanya Anne Crosby – ebook
2 in historical fiction:
- The Holy Lance, by Andrew Latham
- The French Sultana, by Zia Wesley – ebook
1 in science-fiction:
- Player Choice, by Jeff Deck – ebook
My favorites in May
Reading Challenges recap
French Bingo: 18/25
Ebook challenge: 27/25 – DONE
Historical fiction: 12/25
My Kind of Mysteries: 12/21-30
New authors challenge: 30/50
New Release (2015): 30/31-45
Nonfiction challenge: 6/16-20
TBR challenge: 0/12
Books in Translation: 13/12 – DONE
What’s in a Name: 5/6
Where Are You Reading?: 17/50 – to be finished in 2015?!
Japanese literature: 0/6 (starts in June)
Total of books read in 2015 = 52/100
Number of books added to my TBR in May = 27
10 of the 12 books read were received for review, and one for translation!
35 reviews posted so far for my French Bingo 2015 Challenge, don’t forget to link yours with the mr Linky widget.
I organized 6 giveaways in May. There’s always one going on at France Book Tours. Be sure to check the June Giveaway! 4 books to choose from!
- May was a super busy month for blogging, with the IFFP, Bout of Books, and Armchair BEA!
Most popular book review in May
click on the cover to access my review
Most popular post last month – non book review
Win a $15 gift card and giveaway
NB: this deal is open until 6/4!
Book blog that brought me
most traffic this past month
Writing My Own Fairy Tale
please go visit
Top commenters of the month
Inspired by Becca at I’m Lost in Books!
and her Blogger Shout-Outs feature
= 1 point per month for the top 3.
The one who has the most points at the end of the year will receive a gift!
NB: just congratulating winners of giveaways does not count as real comment 😉
4: Katherine at I Wish I Lived In a Library
4: Martha at MG’s French Lit Page
3: Denise @DeniseDuvall2
2: Lucy at The Fictional 100
over 2,080 subscribers
over 90,600 hits
Blog plans for June
- Mostly tackling my TBR!
- Come back tomorrow to see what books I’ll be reading in June.
- I still plan to to a video for audiobooks reviews.
- I also would like to take time to participate again in more memes
- And start organizing stuff to turn my blog into a book…
George’s Grand Tour is SUCH a wonderful book! I read it 2 months ago and loved it, so glad you did too 🙂 such a gorgeous, heart-warming story! xo
yes, I’m sure it will also stay with me for a long time
I haven’t read George’s Grand Tour yet (but really want to) and I too loved The Room. An excellent satire of the corporate world!
you definitely need to give it a try
You did awesome! A few I have to check out!
Happy June reading!
thanks! yes lots of goodies here