Cold has already settled hard in Chicagoland, which means my hibernation has started, and so reading stats are good
Here is what I read in November:
= 9 books with 2,262 pages, that is: 75.4 pages/day.
+ 1 audiobook = 17:28 hours, that is an average of 34 mn/day
3 in nonfiction:
- 100 Places in France Every Woman Should Go, by Marcia DeSanctis
- The Mystic of Fire and Light: St Symeon The New Theologian, by George Maloney
- The Innovators: How a Group of Hackers, Geniuses and Geeks Created the Digital Revolution, by Walter Isaacson – audio
3 in mystery:
- Death at the Fair, by Frances McNamara
- Bed of Nails, by Antonin Varenne
- Irène, by Pierre Lemaitre –review scheduled for Dec 4
2 in literary fiction:
- No Turning Back, by Dan Burns
- Five by Endo, by Shusaku Endo
1 in historical fiction:
- The Phantom of Rue Royale, by Jean-François Parot
1 in illustrated book:
- Goodnight Darth Vader, by Jeffrey Brown
My favorites this month:
I was not able to go down to 2 favorites, these 3 were so so good!
Reading Challenges recap
Audiobook: 13/12 – DONE
Books on France: 53/24 – DONE
Ebook challenge: 19/25
Historical fiction: 32/25 – DONE
Japanese literature: 3/6
New authors challenge: 69/50 – DONE
My Kind of Mysteries: 20/20 – DONE
TBR challenge: 4/12
What’s in a Name: 3/5
Where Are You Reading?: 16/50 – to be finished in 2014
Total of books read in 2014 = 94/105
6 of the 10 books read this month were received for review/work.
100 reviews posted for my Books on France Challenge, don’t forget to link yours. And don’t forget to post your recap! Only bloggers linking their recap will be entered in the giveaway!
I organized 5 giveaways this past month. There’s always one going on at France Book Tours. Be sure to check the December Giveaway! 3 books offered!
- I t was fun to participate in the Literary Blog Hop and the Black Friday Book Bonanza.
- I wrote a guest-post for Book Bloggers International: The French Thrill, on French thrillers
- I finally joined 3 Affiliate programs
Most popular book review in November
Most popular post last month – non book review
Book blog that brought me
most traffic this past month
please go visit
over 1,930 subscribers
over 74,200 hits
Blog plans for December
- Planning to read 11 books to reach my goal of 105 books for the year.
- Planning also to do a few short review posts to catch up with reviews waiting!
- Participating in the Indie and Small Press Author Blog Hop, hosted by The Book Binder’s Daughter
- Taking part as much as possible in A Month of Favorites, hosted by Estella’s Revenge, Girlxoxo, and Traveling with T
- Guest-post scheduled for Holiday Extravaganza Event, hosted by I’m Lost in Book
- Guest-post scheduled for Velvet Morning Press
- Guest-post scheduled for Book Bloggers International