The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by
Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share news.
A post to recap the past week on your blog,
showcase books and things we have received.
Share news about what is coming up on your blog
for the week ahead.
See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
This has been another busy week with lots of classes, translations, and the conclusion of the garden season:
this year for the first time we had planted this tiny little piece of Jerusalem artichoke that some friends had given us.
You can take them out very late, even after the frost. I finally did it on Friday, and from this tiny piece, I got 7 pounds!
I already cooked some fried, it was delicious. Next on the menu will be gratin, then soup. I even created a Pinterest board with some yummy recipes.
This week, it was really neat to see live online the National Book Award. I think the presenter was quite despicable, not sure why people try hard to be funny to make something interesting, so that did not work for me, but the authors’ speeches were good, especially Gaiman’s presenting the award to Ursula K. Le Guin.
BOOKS JUST READ
click on the covers to know more about them
- Light and Dark, by Natsume Soseki. I won it on some blog months ago,
and am finally reading it for The Japanese Literature Challenge
- The Innovators: How a Group of Hackers, Geniuses and Geeks Created the Digital Revolution,
by Walter Isaacson – audiobook received from Simon & Schuster for review. FA-BU-LOUS!
BOOKS UP NEXT
- Alex, by Pierre Lemaitre, another book shipped by Quercus!
Pierre Lemaitre won last year le Prix Goncourt for
Au revoir là-haut, historical novel on WWI.
Before that, he was most famous for his thrillers,
and Irene that I just read was so fabulous. This is the sequel
- Next audio book: The Shadow of the Wind,
soon now, almost done with my long current audio
LAST WEEK ON WORDS AND PEACE
and FRANCE BOOK TOUR
- 11/17: France Book Tours Newsletter #3 winner
- 11/17: List of books shared at my October Block Book Club
- 11/18: November Books of the Month Giveaway: just 7 more days to enter!
- 11/18: The Shiro Project, by David Khara: release day
- 11/18: Created an Affiliates Page: with right now Postertext, Indiebound, and Book Depositery
- 11/19: Bed of Nails, by Antonin Varenne: book review
- 11/21: New tour launched: The Fifteenth District, by Mavis Gallant – short stories. A few review copies still available!
- 11/21: Finally created 2 important pages for France Book Tours: one about having your novel translated in French, and another one about online French classes
- 11/22: The Shiro Project: spotlight + giveaway
COMING UP ON WAP and FBT
- 11/24: Tour quotations for The Shiro Project, by David Khara
- 11/25: The Shiro Project: giveaway winner
- 11/28: Beginning of Black Friday Bonanza – come back here for awesome giveaway. We are 64 bloggers on the hop so far!
- Some reviews and possibly memes
BOOK REVIEW MOST READ THIS PAST WEEK
click on the cover to know more about it
POST MOST VIEWED ON FRANCE BOOK TOURS
click on each cover to access the giveaway entry form
BOOKS ADDED TO MY GOODREADS TBR
BOOKS RECEIVED THIS PAST WEEK
nothing, but I have plenty on my plate
CHECKED OUT AT THE LIBRARY
This year, I will try to read a few Christmas mysteries, so I chose: