Not really sure what happened in October, but my average is down!
Here is what I read in October:
= 6 books with 1,844 pages, that is: 59.4 pages/day.
+ 2 audiobooks = 24:41 hours, that is an average of 47 mn/day – this is my best audio time of the year actually so far
4 historical novels:
- The Crown, by Nancy Bilyeau – audio
- Taking The Cross, by Charles Gibson
- The Sharp Hook of Love, by Sherry Jones
- Juliet’s Nurse, by Lois Leveen
2 in literary fiction:
- Delirium: The Rimbaud Delusion, by Barbara Scott Emmett – ebook
- The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry, by Rachel Joyce – audio
- Witch Weigh, by Caroline Mickelson -ebook, a novella I received to translate into French
1 in nonfiction:
- Seven Letters from Paris, by Samantha Vérant
My favorites this month:
This is again so terribly hard to choose:
I enjoyed a lot ALL of the books I read this past month!!
Reading Challenges recap
Audiobook: 13/12 – DONE
Books on France: 49/24 – DONE
Ebook challenge: 19/25
Historical fiction: 30/25 – DONE
Japanese literature: 2/6
New authors challenge: 64/50 – DONE
My Kind of Mysteries: 17/20
TBR challenge: 3/12
What’s in a Name: 3/5
Where Are You Reading?: 16/50 – to be finished in 2014
Total of books read in 2014 = 84/105
6 of the 8 books read this month were received for review/work.
94 reviews posted for my Books on France Challenge, don’t forget to link yours.
I organized 11 giveaways this past month! There’s always one going on at France Book Tours. Be sure to check the November Giveaway! 3 books offered!
- Something funny happened on my reading front on Oct 31. For several reasons, I don’t do anything special for Halloween. But on that day, I read twice about the context in which Shelley wrote her Frankenstein, and in 2 books that are not directly on the topic at all: I read it in 100 Places in France Every Woman Should Go, the part about the Alps, and I heard about it in the audiobook I am currently listening to: The Innovators: How a Group of Hackers, Geniuses and Geeks Created the Digital Revolution, by Walter Isaacson. I think that was spooky enough!
- Nothing much else, I had a lot of books to read and review for tours, so was not able to catch up on reviews pending for months!
Most popular book review in October
Most popular post last month – non book review
Book blog that brought me
most traffic this past month
please go visit
over 1,900 subscribers
over 71,900 hits
Blog plans for November
- Be sure you look what goodies I have for grab for the Literary Blog Hop giveaway
- And come back on November 28 for the Black Friday Book Bonanza!
- From now on to the end of the year, I’m going to try to focus on books I have been meaning to read for a while, though I already have quite a few books scheduled for January!
- I hope I can finally start to catch up on review writing – I was hoping to do something related to NaNoWriMo for that, but I’m currently translating a 40,000 words book anyway, so plenty of writing to do!
- Set up a few affiliates programs on Words And Peace
- get more active as for memes such as Teaser Tuesdays or First Chapter First Paragraph
- redo Sunday posts, which I was not able to participate for a couple of weeks
- redo some videos
- change the look of France Book Tours