The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by
Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share news.
A post to recap the past week on your blog,
showcase books and things we have received.
Share news about what is coming up on your blog
for the week ahead.
See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
This past Thursday was a great day for French Literature, as for the 15th time –a record, it is a French author who won the Nobel Prize in Literature. In fact, an article I read in Le Figaro a few days before made me actually guess Patrick Modiano was going to be the winner. So I went to ladbrokes, wanted to bet on him, only to discover that you could not bet on ladbrokes when you lived in the US! I could have won!!!
For once, I know this author and I really enjoy his style! Unfortunately, he does not seem well know in the US.
Actually, my public library had only 1 book by him, and they put it in the sales room a few months ago. Of course I purchased it, even though I prefer to read him in French of course. Conclusion: my public library does not have one single book by the most recent Nobel prize in literature. And my public libraries network has only 4 titles, for someone who wrote so much… For once, this does not look too good for public libraries…
BOOKS JUST READ
click on the covers to know more about them
- The Sharp Hook of Love, by Sherry Jones: histfic on Heloise and Abélard,
the famous medieval lovers.
Review scheduled for 10/26 for France Book Tours
- The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry, by Rachel Joyce – audiobook
- Delirium: The Rimbaud Delusion, by Barbara Scott Emmet,
who will publish a guest-post on Oct 20!
4. And a few more!!
BOOKS UP NEXT
- Juliet’s Nurse, by Lois Leveen.
Review scheduled for 10/31 for Italy Book Tours!
- Next audio book: The Innovators, by Walter Isaacson,
received for review from Simon & Schuster
LAST WEEK ON WORDS AND PEACE
and FRANCE BOOK TOUR
- A Paris Apartment, by Michelle Gable: review
- A Paris Apartment, by Michel Gable: interview
- Deadly Tasting, by Alaux and Balen: spotlight and giveaway
- Bitter Greens, by Kate Forsyth: giveaway winner
- The Church of Tango, by Cherie Magnus: tour quotations
- The Church of Tango: giveaway winners
- Crossing The Line, by Frédérique Molay: giveaway winners
- 10/7: release day of The Sharp Hook of Love, by Sherry Jones; and of Seven Letters From Paris, by Samantha Vérant
- The City of Blood, by Frédérique Molay: new tour launched, review copies available!
COMING UP ON WAP and FBT
- 10/13: Seven Letters From Paris, by Samantha Vérant: review + giveaway)
- 10/14: The Enchantress, by Magie Anton: spotlight + giveaway
- 10/15? Velvet Morning Press presentation and interview
- 10/17: Deadly Tasting, by Alaux and Balen: release day
- Crossing The Line: tour quotations
- A Paris Apartment: tour quotations
- Some time this week, you should receive the Newsletter #2. Did you know that by opening it, you are entered into an exclusive giveaway? Sign up now if you have done it yet! – sorry, I am late on that!!
BOOK REVIEW MOST READ THIS PAST WEEK
POST MOST VIEWED ON FRANCE BOOK TOURS
BOOKS ADDED TO MY GOODREADS TBR
BOOKS RECEIVED THIS PAST WEEK
- Nagasaki, received from Gallic Books for review in January
- The Innovators, received from Simon & Schuster Audio for review
CHECKED OUT AT THE LIBRARY