September was another awesome reading month. Interestingly, I read and listened to the same amount of books as in August, but longer books!
Here is what I read in August:
= 8 books with 3,007 pages, that is: 100 pages/day.
+ 2 audiobooks = 16:29 hours, that is an average of 33 mn/day
3 historical novels:
- Lies Told in Silence, by MK Tod
- Bitter Greens, by Kate Forsyth – review scheduled for 10/3
- A Paris Apartment, by Michelle Gable – review scheduled for 10/6
3 in nonfiction:
- The Right Word: Roget and his Thesaurus, by Jen Bryant – children book
- Hymns of Divine Love, by St Symeon the New Theologian
- Everyday Saints, by Archimandrite Tikhon Shevkunov
2 in literary fiction:
- The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry, by Gabrielle Zevin – audio
- Sodome et Gomorrhe, by Marcel Proust – ebook.
Yes, I’m now in book 5 of A la recherche du temps perdu!! = In Search of Lost Time. Slowly but surely.
Actually book 5 is much better than 3 and 4, according to me
- Still Life, by Louise Penny – audio
- Crossing The Line, by Frédérique Molay – ebook – review scheduled for 10/5
My favorites this month:
This is terribly hard to choose:
I enjoyed a lot ALL of the books I read this past month, except Sodome et Gomorrhe…
Reading Challenges recap
Books on France: 45/24 – DONE
Ebook challenge: 17/25
Historical fiction: 26/25 – DONE
Japanese literature: 2/6
New authors challenge: 57/50 – DONE
My Kind of Mysteries: 17/20
TBR challenge: 2/12
What’s in a Name: 3/5
Where Are You Reading?: 16/50 – to be finished in 2014
Total of books read in 2014 = 76/105
4 of the 10 books read this month were received for review.
83 reviews for my Books on France Challenge, don’t forget to link yours.
I organized 5 giveaways this month. There’s always one going on at France Book Tours.. Be sure to check the October Giveaway! 3 books offered!
I celebrated my 4th blogiversary, with 3 special posts and a giveaway. Thanks again to all my followers.
- I participated in the #30Authors event.
Most popular book review in September
Most popular post last month – non book review
Book blog that brought me
most traffic this past month
please go visit
over 1,870 subscribers
over 69,300 hits
Blog plans for October
Lots of reviews scheduled, and lots of books to read!
I’m finally going to join some affiliates programs… Any special recommendations on tips to know??
I would like to get more active as for memes such as Teaser Tuesdays of First Chapter First Paragraph, and redo some videos, but I’m in the process of translating into French a 3rd novel this year, so with this and my insane number of French online students, there are not too many hours left in the day, lol
And I’m preparing to change the look of France Book Tours. I will switch to a white background, but definitely would love to keep 2 columns on the right… If you know of a good wordpress.COM theme with these features, please let me know, merci!
After that, I will ask your opinion, if you would like that change also on Words And Peace