The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by
Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share news.
A post to recap the past week on your blog,
showcase books and things we have received.
Share news about what is coming up on your blog
for the week ahead.
See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
This post also counts for
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?
and WWW Wednesdays
BOOK JUST READ
- Edwin, High King of England, by Edoardo Albert. Review scheduled for Historical Fiction Virtual Book Tours on 9/15
- Lies Told in Silence, by M.K. Tod Received for review on France Book Tours – scheduled on 9/18
- Listening to: Still Life (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache #1) by Louise Penny. I’m enjoying the writing, the characters, the plot, and narrator as well
BOOKS UP NEXT
- Crossing The Line, by Frédérique Molay, for France Book Tours. Review scheduled for end of September.
By a great French female author of thrillers. If you are curious, click on the link and fill in the form, we still have some free review copies!
- Next audio book for sure: The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry, by Gabrielle Zevin
LAST WEEK ON WORDS AND PEACE
and FRANCE BOOK TOURS
- Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki And His Years of Pilgrimage, by Haruki Murakami (review)
- Midnight in Europe, by Alan Furst (audiobook review)
- Madame Picasso, by Anne Girard (review + giveaway)
- Books shared at my block book club at our August meeting
- August wrap-up
- The Wharf of Chartrons, by Jean-Paul Malaval (giveaway winners) – on France Book Tours
- Rodin’s Lover, by Heather Webb (tour launched on France Book Tours for January 2015!). Heather broke a record: the tour was booked in only 2 days. Hence the importance to sign up through email to France Book Tours, so that you can jump on a new popular tour as soon as it is launched. Otherwise it may be too late
BOOK REVIEW MOST READ THIS PAST WEEK
click on the cover to know more about it
POST MOST VIEWED ON FRANCE BOOK TOURS
click on the cover to know more about it.
Tour starting on Tuesday, with a giveaway!
awesome historical novel in Paris,
on Pablo Picasso and Eva Gouel
COMING UP ON THE BLOG
- 9/1: The Ashes of Heaven’s Pillar, by Kim Rendfeld (review)
- hopefully: mega recap on Mrs. Pollifax series
- The Truth About The Harry Quebert Affair, by Joel Dicker (review)
BOOKS ADDED TO MY GOODREADS TBR
and 10 more!!
BOOK RECEIVED THIS PAST WEEK
- The Sharp Hook Of Love, by Sherry Jones – for review on France Book Tours – in October
This is on the famous Medieval lovers Héloise and Abélard!
We still have a few spots available: fill in the form here if you want your own free review copy!
CHECKED OUT AT THE LIBRARY
none this week – reading schedule and TBR shelf too full
Looks like you had a good week.
Great giveaway, but I don’t need any more books. 🙂
My son read The Miniaturist and wasn’t that impressed. I hope you enjoy it.
Have a great week.
ah, I know what you mean with too many books. still, I just entered yours, Juliet’s Nurse sounds too good to pass
Madam Picasso looks quite good and I love the historical aspect! Have a lovely week!
you should definitely try it
I’m very interested in reading the Madame Picasso book.
do it, it’s so good
I have heard about The Miniaturist, I’ve read mixed reviews. If you get a chance to read it I do hope you enjoy it 🙂 Have a great week
funny, I had heard only good things before this post and now several people tell the same thing as you do. we’ll see. by the way, I LOVE your blog’s name, so true, lol
Looks like you’ve had a good week. Hope next week is too.
you too! it starts well here, with lots of extra reading time, as we don’t work this Monday in the US – Labor Day
Your current reads and books next up are all interesting to me…enjoy them and thanks for visiting my blog.
thanks, yes there are so many enjoyable reads!
I’ve heard good things about The Miniaturist. It shows up on the Must list in Entertainment Weekly this week.
yes, should be good
You have an amazing week ahead! Good luck 🙂
I’ve been excited about The Miniaturist ever since I heard about it at BEA.
ah! trusting your opinion on that one
I’m really interested in checking out The Miniaturist. Have a great reading week!
you too, you got a nice haul last week
Great book week. I really want to read Lies told in Silence.
2 Kids and Tired Books MM
am half done, and it’s really good. great description of daily life in times of war
I’ve been wanting to read The Miniaturist as well. I also added Madame Picasso to my TBR after seeing your review. I hadn’t come across that one before but it sounds interesting. Have a great week!
Madame Picasso was just published, we start reading more about it, am glad, as it is really good, I think
Looks like a lot of good reads! The Miniaturist looks interesting. Glad to see you liked the new Murakami book! I loved the Wind Up Bird Chronicle and need to read more.
yes Murakami is awesome, you need to read 1Q84 too
Everyone seems to be reading Murakami!
and for good reason, lol. I even managed finally to convince my husband, and I did devour it in 2 days
I really liked Lies Told in Silence! What do you think about it? The Miniaturist is on my TBR as well. I’m very curious about it.
I loved Lies Told in Silence! hard time to put down. you need now to read her previous, Unravelled, if you have not done it yet. you will recognize some characters…: https://wordsandpeace.com/2013/11/05/book-review-unravelled-i-love-france-74/