The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by
Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share news.
A post to recap the past week on your blog,
showcase books and things we have received.
Share news about what is coming up on your blog
for the week ahead.
See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
Finally getting some Summer heat in Chicago! It’s about time.
- Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage, by Haruki Murakami. Excellent, loved every line! We’ll try to review it very soon!
- The Ashes of Heaven’s Pillar, by Kim Rendfeld. Historical fiction at the time of Charlemagne. received for the author. I enjoyed very much her previous book The Cross And The Dragon. Really enjoyed it, as it’s the exact same period and people than the historical novel I translated in French ! Really neat to meet again old friends! Review scheduled for 9/1
- Listened to: Mrs. Pollifax Unveiled, by Dorothy Gilman. Audio. This was #14 and last of the series. So sad I’m done with the series, and the author passed away 2 years ago. I enjoyed so much this series and its amazing narrator Barbara Rosenblat. This one was set in Syria
- Edwin, High King of England, by Edoardo Albert: Received for review on Historical Fiction Virtual Book Tour – scheduled on 9/15
- Listening to: Still Life (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache #1) by Louise Penny. Done with the Mrs. Pollifax series, decided to tackle this one, I have heard so many good things about it. I’m enjoying the narrator as well
BOOKS UP NEXT
- Lies Told in Silence, by M. K. Tod, for France Book Tours. Review scheduled for 9/18
- Next audio book: The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry, by Gabrielle Zevin
LAST WEEK ON THE BLOG
- All the Light We cannot See (review)
- Toi qui as soif de bonheur (review)
- Charles Gibson on Tour: Taking The Cross (on France Book Tours) – review copies available
- Samantha Vérant on Tour: Seven Letters From Paris (on France Book Tours) – review copies available
- Tour quotations: The Wharf of Chartrons, by Jean-Paul Malaval (on France Book Tours)
- France Book Tours Alphabet: D is for…
BOOK REVIEW MOST READ
POST MOST VIEWED ON FRANCE BOOK TOURS
August book of the month giveaway – a historical novel with Bordeaux wine!
COMING UP ON THE BLOG
- 8/25: Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki And His Years of Pilgrimage, by Haruki Murakami (review)
- 8/28: Madame Picasso, by Anne Girard (review + giveaway)
- Midnight in Europe: review
BOOKS ADDED TO MY GOODREADS TBR
and 16 more!!
BOOKS RECEIVED THIS PAST WEEK
- The Lost Duchess, by Jenny Barden – won at Passages to The Past
- A Paris Apartment, by Michelle Gable – for review on France Book Tours – 10/6
CHECKED OUT AT THE LIBRARY
none this time – reading schedule and TBR shelf too full