The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by
Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share news.
A post to recap the past week on your blog,
showcase books and things we have received.
Share news about what is coming up on your blog
for the week ahead.
See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
This post will also count for Mailbox Monday and WWW Wednesdays
Julia, Child, by Kyo Maclear – children book, won
Arabian Love Poems, by Nizar Qabbani – recommended by one of my French online students. This is THE Arab poet, so so good, amazing!
- France on the Brink, by Jonathan Fenby – scheduled for review this August 6, for virtual book tour on France Book Tours. Come back, there will be a giveaway! Awesome analysis on the current social and political situation in France, and its causes
- The Wharf of Chartrons, by Jean-Paul Malaval – scheduled for review on August 16, for virtual book tour on France Book Tours. Come back, there will be a giveaway! Historical fiction in the world of Bordeaux wines!
- Midnight in Europe, by Alan Furst – audio, received for review by Simon & Schuster Audio. Great spy story just before WWII
- Toi qui as soif de bonheur, by Jean-Pierre Longeat. French spirituality book received for review for Collectanea Cisterciensia
BOOKS UP NEXT
- Madame Picasso, by Anne Girard. Received for review for Historical Fiction Virtual Book Tour
- The latest book by Murakami!
LAST WEEK ON THE BLOG
- Mailbox Monday – with vlog
- Announcing my participation in Bout of Books 11
- Review: Death in Pont-Aven by Bannalec
- WWW Wednesdays
- July wrap-up
BOOK REVIEW MOST READ
- August book of the month giveaway – a historical novel with Bordeaux wine!
- And starting this 08/14: France on the Brink
COMING UP ON THE BLOG
- on 8/6: review of France on the Brink
- om 8/7: review of Moon in a Dead Eye
BOOK ACQUIRED THIS PAST WEEK
The Piano Shop on the Left Bank, by Thad Carhart,
a gem found at my annual library sale!