July was a great reading month, not a record as number of pages, but I did devour quite a few books, and some great ones!
Here is what I read in July:
11 books, my highest monthly average, as for number of books, but anot as number of pages actually.
= 10 books with 1,976 pages, that is: 63.7 pages/day.
+ 1 audiobook – 16:02 hours, that is an average of 31 mn/day
4 in literary fiction:
- Summer House With Swimming Pool, by Herman Koch
- Oscar et la dame rose, by Eric-Emmanuel Schmitt – upcoming review
- La femme sans peur, by Jean-Philippe Touzeau – ebook, upcoming review
- My Antonia, by Willa Cather – upcoming review
3 children books:
- The Cheshire Cheese Cat: A Dickens of a Tale, by Carmen Agra Deedy – upcoming review
- Lilu and Dudu: Adventures in Bora Bora, by Fabienne Bratschi – book I translated from English to French
- Julia, Child by Kyo Maclear – upcoming review
- Death in Pont-Aven, by Jean-Luc Bannalec
- Moon in a Dead Eye, by Pascal Garnier – review scheduled for August 7
1 historical fiction:
- All the Light We Cannot See, by Anthony Doerr – audio, upcoming review
My favorites this month:
Reading Challenges recap
Books on France: 35/24
Ebook challenge: 14/25
Historical fiction: 18/25
Japanese literature: 1/6
New authors challenge: 43/50
My Kind of Mysteries: 13/20
TBR challenge: 2/12
What’s in a Name: 3/5
Where Are You Reading?: 16/50 – to be finished in 2014
Australian Literature Month: 0/1
Total of books read in 2014 = 56/105
Number of books added to my TBR in July = 68, yes, you are allowed to laugh, this is totally ridiculous and insane.
5 of the 11 books read this month were received for review
Already 58 reviews for my Books on France Challenge, don’t forget to link yours.
I organized 4 giveaways this month. There’s always one going on at France Book Tours, be sure to check the August Giveaway! a great historical fiction focused around wine in the Bordeaux region! Who could resist that?
- I took part in Paris in July, even though as you know I post about French things every week, sometimes several times a week, all year long. I did a special post on how we celebrated Bastille Day in Chicago!
- And I did reach my I Love France 100th post!
- I did some more vlogs. Be sure to follow my YouTube channel not to miss any new episode. I usually do a vlog to present the books I received during the past week (Mailbox Monday)
- And I did try to catch up with a few reviews…
Most popular book review last month
Most popular post last month – non book review
Book blog that brought me
most traffic this past month
please go visit
over 1,790 subscribers
over 64,700 hits
Blog plans for August
My last Bout of Books was really fun, so I’m doing it again from August 18-24.
Though I should probably do a review-athon instead of a read-athon!
My goal is to try to take time to review a book as soon as I have finished reading it, instead of compulsively jumping into reading another book right away! Does this ring a bell??
till trying to find a balance between reading, reviewing, and reading other book blogs! If anyone has a soluton ,let me know. Thank God I don’t have TV!