June has been very nice weather, which means more hiking, and less time for reading.
Here is what I read in June:
4 books only!!
with 1,280 pages, that is: 42.6 pages/day, lowest average of the year so far
I have not finished any audiobook. I’m almost done with All The Light We Cannot See, and am really enjoying it
- The Truth About The Harry Quebert Affair, by Joel Dicker – certainly the best mystery I have read this year so far! The link goes to my vlog when I received the book, not my review yet!
- Confessions of a Paris Potty Trainer, by Vicki Lesage – ebook. sorry Vicki I have not yet taken time to post my review of your awesome book!
1 literary fiction:
- Kira-kira, by Cynthia Kadohata – for the Japanese Literature Challenge
- The Jedi Doth Return, by Ian Doescher
My favorite this month:
Reading Challenges recap
Books on France: 29/24
Ebook challenge: 12/25
Historical fiction: 17/25
Japanese literature: 1/6
New authors challenge: 33/50
My Kind of Mysteries: 11/20
TBR challenge: 1/12
What’s in a Name: 3/5
Where Are You Reading?: 15/50 – to be finished in 2014
Australian Literature Month: 0/1
2 of the 4books read this month were received for review
Already 44 reviews for my Books on France Challenge, don’t forget to link yours.
I organized 4 giveaways this month. There’s always one going on at France Book Tours, be sure to check the July Giveaway! an awesome memoir of life on a barge in France! Can life get better than that??
- There were some great events this past month: I took part in the fun Literary Blog Hop Giveaway
- I posted some of my Eiffel Tower hand-painted rocks for sale,
- I finally did my first 3 vlogs
- I posted about the first novel I translated from English to French – if you want to support a translator, encourage all your speaking French to read it plea, it’s just a few $, available in the US,Canada,UK and France
- I have now my own online newspaper at paper.li
- and I joined the fun Japanese Literature Challenge
So that was actually a busy blogging month
Most popular book review last month
Most popular post last month – non book review
Book blog that brought me
most traffic this past month
please go visit
over 1,770 subscribers
over 63,100 hits
Blog plans for July
I’m taking part in Paris in July.
Apart from that, I do hope to post reviews on awesome books I read these past 2 months, and do more vlogs