Design by Amber of Shelf Notes
Expanding Blogging Horizons
What do you think about when you think about going beyond blogging or expanding your horizons? Is it a redesign of your blog? Have you branched out into freelance writing or even published a novel of your very own? Or, have you moved into a different venue like podcasts or vlogging? This is the day to tell us about how you have expanded on blogging in your own unique way.
So far, I have basically kept at writing reviews for my own blog. I have tried for a few weeks on another blog, but could not keep the pace, plus it really didn’t bring me more traffic.
Lots of things I plan to do:
- yes, I would like to redesign my blog, as the template is no longer available anyway on wordpress.com. But I want a 3 columns and free. I have not yet found something that really grabbed me. Any recommendation??
- I have already published a book:
- but I’m thinking of maybe doing an ebook from my blog posts on a common theme – recent French literature? Any suggestion?
- I have also recently published a novel in translation, waiting for a few details to tell you all about it!
- the big thing I really want to try is vlogging. I think it would be a good format for my monthly wrap-up. What do you think? Do you take time to watch short videos by bloggers you follow, or do you prefer the written format?
Now it is time to give a little love to those little stories in your life. Share your love for your favorite shorts of any form. What is a short story or novella that doesn’t get the attention that it deserves? Recommend to readers what shorts you would recommend they start with. How about listing some short story anthologies based upon genres or authors?
I have not read short stories for ages, so I’m passing on this one.