The Bout of Books read-a-thon
is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal.
It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 12th
and runs through Sunday, May 18th
in whatever time zone you are in.
Bout of Books is low-pressure,
and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week.
There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize,
but all of these are completely optional.
For all Bout of Books 10 information and updates,
be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog.
– From the Bout of Books team
Day 3 of Bout of Books!
Here is what I read on Monday, Day 1:
- 4 pages of Hymns of Divine Love, by St Symeon the New Theologian
- 5 pages of Everyday Saints, by Archimandrite Tikhon
- 120 pages of The Girl In The Empty Dress, by Lise McClendon – great suspense, awesome to keep you read!
= 129 pages read on Monday = 129/595, that is 21%
I also listened to about 15 mn of City of Scoundrels, by Gary Krist
Here is what I read on Tuesday, Day 2:
- 6 pages of Hymns of Divine Love, by St Symeon the New Theologian
- 6 pages of Everyday Saints, by Archimandrite Tikhon
- 63 pages of The Girl In The Empty Dress, by Lise McClendon – book finished
- 21 pages of Baudelaire’s Revenge, by Bob Van Laerhoven
= 96 pages read on Tuesday= 96 pages
TOTAL SO FAR = 129 + 96 = 225/595, that is 37%
I also listened to about 15 mn of City of Scoundrels, by Gary Krist.
Hoping to listen to more tomorrow!
Challenges done on Monday:
- If you like X, try Y, hosted by The Book Barbies. Here is my tweet
- I also posted the picture of my pile of books for Bout of Books, though not able to add myself to the picture, not enough hands, lol
- And I took part in the insane Twitter chat. Even while using Twubs, it was like bombarding tweets 2 or 3 per seconds. I already have many new followers, and bloggers I now follow, including one in my own city, whom I had never heard of before!
Challenge done on Tuesday:
Books You’re Looking Forward To, hosted by River City Reading. My post is here, 10 books on France!
Reminder of my goals:
My main goal this week will be to read at least 85 pages every day, which is more than my average per day so far this year. Plus time for audiobooks!
So my total goal is to read 595 pages during Bout of Books
I will be reading:
- Hymns of Divine Love, by St Symeon the New Theologian [a few pages every day]
- Everyday Saints, by Archimandrite Tikhon [a few pages every day]
- The Girl In The Empty Dress, by Lise McClendon DONE
- Baudelaire’s Revenge, by Bob Van Laerhoven
- From Here To Paris, by Cris Hammond – ebook
- Au revoir là-haut, by Pierre Lemaitre
I will hopefully be able to finish listening to this #1 and start #2
- City of Scoundrels, by Gary Krist – audio
- Murder in Pigalle, by Cara Black – audio
And don’t forget to enter my giveaway!
Here is what’s for grab:
- The No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency, by Alexander McCall Smith – paperback, used, like new condition, with a small blue dot pasted at the bottom of the spine
- Equal of the Sun, by Anita Amirrezvani – hardcover, brand new condition
- The Third Son, by Julie Wu – paperback, ARC, brand new condition
- Gracianna, by Trini Amador – hardcover, brand new condition, signed by the author to my name
- Meadowlark, by Dawn Wink – paperback, brand new condition, signed by the author to my name
- The Day My Brain Exploded, by Ashok Rajamani – paperback, brand new condition
Click on the link here below to enter the giveaway!
Here is the Bout of Books schedule:
If you like X, try Y — The Book Barbies DONE
Picture of books to read DONE
Bookish Battle Royal — My Life in Books
Books You’re Looking Forward To — River City Reading DONE
Book Pairings — My Overstuffed Shelves
Spell It Out Challenge — kimberlyfaye reads
Cover Scavenger Hunt — Book Monsters
Rainbow Book Challenge — Neon Yeti Reads
Show an Author Some Love — Doing Dewey
Retitle Your Current Read — Oh Magic Hour
(chats last approximately one hour)
TZC = Time Zone Conversion
Monday: 1pm CST (TZC) DONE
Wednesday: 8pm CST (TZC)
Saturday: 10am CST (TZC)