The Bout of Books read-a-thon
is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal.
It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 12th
and runs through Sunday, May 18th
in whatever time zone you are in.
Bout of Books is low-pressure,
and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week.
There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize,
but all of these are completely optional.
For all Bout of Books 10 information and updates,
be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog.
– From the Bout of Books team
Day 1 of Bout of Books!
My main goal this week will be to read at least 85 pages every day, which is more than my average per day so far this year. Plus time for audiobooks!
I will be reading:
- Hymns of Divine Love, by St Symeon the New Theologian [a few pages every day]
- Everyday Saints, by Archimandrite Tikhon [a few pages every day]
- The Girl In The Empty Dress, by Lise McClendon – ebook to finish
- Baudelaire’s Revenge, by Bob Van Laerhoven
- From Here To Paris, by Cris Hammond – ebook
- Au revoir là-haut, by Pierre Lemaitre
I will hopefully be able to finish listening to this #1 and start #2
- City of Scoundrels, by Gary Krist – audio
- Murder in Pigalle, by Cara Black – audio
And to celebrate my first time at Bout of Books, I’m organizing a giveaway!
Here is what’s for grab:
- The No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency, by Alexander McCall Smith – paperback, used, like new condition, with a small blue dot pasted at the bottom of the spine
- Equal of the Sun, by Anita Amirrezvani – hardcover, brand new condition
- The Third Son, by Julie Wu – paperback, ARC, brand new condition
- Gracianna, by Trini Amador – hardcover, brand new condition, signed by the author to my name
- Meadowlark, by Dawn Wink – paperback, brand new condition, signed by the author to my name
- The Day My Brain Exploded, by Ashok Rajamani – paperback, brand new condition
Click on the link here below to enter the giveaway!
Here is the schedule:
If you like X, try Y — The Book Barbies
Bookish Battle Royal — My Life in Books
Books You’re Looking Forward To — River City Reading
Book Pairings — My Overstuffed Shelves
Spell It Out Challenge — kimberlyfaye reads
Cover Scavenger Hunt — Book Monsters
Rainbow Book Challenge — Neon Yeti Reads
Show an Author Some Love — Doing Dewey
Retitle Your Current Read — Oh Magic Hour
(chats last approximately one hour)
TZC = Time Zone Conversion
Monday: 1pm CST (TZC)
Wednesday: 8pm CST (TZC)
Saturday: 10am CST (TZC)
All the best, Emma! This is probably the second or third time I have signed up for bout of books. I didn’t last more than a day or two then….I hope to do better this time. 😀
good luck then!
I am reading Outlander today. Thank you for the giveaway.
thanks. you need to specify here the book you are reading today to be entered in the giveaway
I am reading Second Chances 101 by Donna K. Weaver. I am excited to be doing #boutofbooks because this is my first read-a-thon.
me too! good for you. and good luck for the giveaway
Yay for first time Bout of Books-ers! 85 pages is a great goal. I’m not a fast reader and I’d be more than happy to average that during BoB. Happy Reading!
yes, that’s a bit higher than my usual daily average. and good luck to you!
Hey! We tweeted this to you earlier, but we want to follow up. Please remove @boutofbooks from the “Tweet about this giveaway” option. We need to keep our mentions clear so it’s easy for us to answer questions about the readathon. When people use @boutofbooks and they don’t have a question, it makes it more difficult for us to answer legitimate questions about the readathon.
oops sorry about that actually not sure why I did that. Just fixed it. thanks for contacting me here, I didn’t even see your tweet with all the insanity of the twitter chat today lol