I am never available for a 24 hour read-a-thon, so let’s try Bout of Books this year, for this first time. This lasts a whole week!
The Bout of Books read-a-thon
is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal.
It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 12th
and runs through Sunday, May 18th
in whatever time zone you are in.
Bout of Books is low-pressure,
and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week.
There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize,
but all of these are completely optional.
For all Bout of Books 10 information and updates,
be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog.
– From the Bout of Books team
At the time I’m signing up, there are already 330 bloggers in!
Here is the fun schedule:
If you like X, try Y — The Book Barbies
Book Pairings — My Overstuffed Shelves
Spell It Out Challenge — kimberlyfaye reads
Show an Author Some Love — Doing Dewey
Retitle Your Current Read — Oh Magic Hour
(chats last approximately one hour)
TZC = Time Zone Conversion
Now, what will I be reading? Probably from some of these titles:
- City of Scoundrels, by Gary Krist – audio
- Murder in Pigalle, by Cara Black – audio
- Hymns of Divine Love, by St Symeon the New Theologian
- Everyday Saints, by Archimandrite Tikhon
- Timbuctoo, by Tahir Shah
- The Girl In The Empty Dress, by Lise McClendon – ebook
- Baudelaire’s Revenge, by Bob Van Laerhoven
- From Here To Paris, by Cris Hammond – ebook
My ultimate goal would be to read 85 pages/day so with a total of 595 pages, higher than my usual daily average.