Not sure what happened in April, but the reading numbers are low, even though I had to count a long book I finally finished after many months!
Also, I did listen partly to a book, but I also read it partly. So I ended up counting it as read.
Here is what I read in April:
5 books, with 2051 pages, that is, 68.3 pages/day
4 historical novels:
- The Shadow Queen, by Sandra Gulland. Enter here until the end of May to win this awesome histfic!
- The Towers of Tuscany, by Carol M. Cram. Giveaway ending soon, click on the link today!
- St Bartholomew’s Man, by Mary Delorme – ebook – upcoming review
- A Star For Mrs Blake, by April Smith – review scheduled for 5/17. Enter here until the end of May to win this awesome histfic!
- Therapy of spiritual illnesses, by Jean-Claude Larchet – upcoming review
My favorites this month:
Reading Challenges recap
Books on France: 20/24
Ebook challenge: 9/25
Historical fiction: 13/25
Japanese literature: 0/2 – starts in June
New authors challenge: 24/50
My Kind of Mysteries: 5/20
TBR challenge: 0/12
What’s in a Name: 3/5
Where Are You Reading?: 13/50 – to be finished in 2014
Australian Literature Month: 0/1
4 of the 5 books read this month were received for review
Already 31 reviews for my Books on France Challenge, don’t forget to link yours.
- I organized 4 giveaways this month.
- France Book Tours had a blast for its first anniversary, with a mega giveaway, 10 winners! And a very fun Twitter Party. If you missed it, there are 2 awesome historical novels to win this month.
Most popular book review last month
click on the cover to access my review
Most popular post last month – non book review
Book blog that brought me
most traffic this past month
please go visit
almost 2,260 subscribers
over 59,600 hits
Blog plans for May
- I plan to finally attack my TBR for the TBR Challenge
- Just got contacted to read a very famous French book that won a BIG award last year and to review it for a fancy magazine, surprise!
- Can’t wait to take part in Armchair BEA at the end of May!