February has just been another dreadfully cold and snowy month, giving me lots of opportunities to just get cozy with a good book.
Here is what I read in February:
8 books, with 1976 pages, that is, 70 pages/day.
Among those, 1 was an audiobook: 5:56 hours, that is, an average of 12 mn/day.
- I See London, I See France, by Paulita Kincer –ebook
- Paris, Rue des Martyrs, by Adria J. Cimino – ebook. Book review scheduled for March 7. See here to win this great book!
- Inch’Allah Dimanche, by Yamina Benguigui – in French. Review coming tomorrow!
- My Wish List, by Grégoire Delacourt –review scheduled for March 25
2 historical fiction:
- The Ambitious Madame Bonaparte, by Ruth Hull Chatlien – review scheduled for March 3. See here to win this great book!
- Queen Elizabeth’s Daughter, by Anne Clinard Barnhill – review scheduled for March 10
- Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore, by Robin Sloan – ebook
- Mrs Pollifax Pursued, by Dorothy Gilman – audio
My favorites this month:
Reading Challenges recap
Books on France: 10/24
Ebook challenge: 4/25
Historical fiction: 5/25
Japanese literature: 0/2 – starts in June
New authors challenge: 14/50
My Kind of Mysteries: 3/20
TBR challenge: 0/12
What’s in a Name: 3/5
Where Are You Reading?: 12/50 – to be finished in 2014
Australian Literature Month: 0/1
5 of the 8 books read this month were received for review
21 readers signed up for my Books on France Challenge, will you join too?
- I organized 3 giveaways this month. For all the giveaways for Words And Peace, I now use Rafllecopter. As you can see the name of the winner in the rafflecopter widget itself, I’m not going to bother posting the name of the winner on a separate post. When I ask rafflecopter to choose the winner, it sends a post on twitter and Facebook, so if you follow me, you have lots of ways of knowing who won, if not you. I notify the winners through email.
- France Book Tours completed 28 book tours, and there are 10 scheduled. If you are interested in reviewing books on your blog for France Book Tours, just fill in this short questionnaire. You can find all kinds of genre: historical fiction, romance, mystery, LGBT, nonfiction, etc.
Most popular recent book review
click on the cover to access my review
Most popular recent post – non book review
Book blog that brought me
most traffic this past month
please go visit!
over 2,000 subscribers
over 57,000 hits