Wow, 2014 started with a bang on the blogging front, with 8 books, and 6 of them were awesome!
If the weather had been less dreadful, I may have spent less time indoors, but life having been reduced to a dull black and white for weeks, with so many days too cold for me to dare go out, nothing else remains than devouring more books…
Here is what I read in January:
8 books, with 1893 pages, that is, 61 pages/day.
Among those, 1 was an audiobook: 9:58 hours, that is, an average of 19 mn/day.
- We, by Michael Landweber – upcoming review
2 historical fiction:
- Marie Antoinette’s Head, by Will Bashor
- God Matters, by Peter Vardy – upcoming review
- Paris, Paris: Journey into the City of Light, by David Downie – audiobook, upcoming review
- Heads Above Water, by Stephanie Dagg – upcoming review, at the end of February
1 historical mystery:
- The Kabbalist, by Yoram Katz – upcoming review
My favorites this month:
Reading Challenges recap
Books on France: 5/24
Ebook challenge: 1/25
Historical fiction: 3/25
Japanese literature: 0/2 – starts in June
New authors challenge: 8/50
My Kind of Mysteries: 1/20
TBR challenge: 0/12
What’s in a Name: 1/5
Where Are You Reading?: 11/50 – to be finished in 2014
Australian Literature Month: 0/1
6 of the 8 books read this month were received for review
18 readers signed up for my Books on France Challenge, will you join too?
- I organized 6 giveaways this month. All the winners have been notified, I will soon post the list of the latest ones .
- France Book Tours completed 26 book tours, and there are 9 scheduled. If you are interested in reviewing books on your blog for France Book Tours, just fill in this short questionnaire. You can find all kinds of genre: historical fiction, romance, mystery, LGBT, nonfiction, etc.
Most popular recent book review
Most popular recent post – non book review
Book blog that brought me
most traffic this past month
please go visit!
over 2,000 subscribers
over 55,000 hits