Wow, 2014 started with a bang on the blogging front, with 8 books, and 6 of them were awesome!
If the weather had been less dreadful, I may have spent less time indoors, but life having been reduced to a dull black and white for weeks, with so many days too cold for me to dare go out, nothing else remains than devouring more books…
Here is what I read in January:
8 books, with 1893 pages, that is, 61 pages/day.
Among those, 1 was an audiobook: 9:58 hours, that is, an average of 19 mn/day.
- We, by Michael Landweber – upcoming review
2 historical fiction:
- Isabella Braveheart of France, by Colin Falconer
- Anvil of God, by J. Boyce Gleason
- Marie Antoinette’s Head, by Will Bashor
- God Matters, by Peter Vardy – upcoming review
- Paris, Paris: Journey into the City of Light, by David Downie – audiobook, upcoming review
- Heads Above Water, by Stephanie Dagg – upcoming review, at the end of February
1 historical mystery:
- The Kabbalist, by Yoram Katz – upcoming review
My favorites this month:
Reading Challenges recap
Books on France: 5/24
Ebook challenge: 1/25
Historical fiction: 3/25
Japanese literature: 0/2 – starts in June
New authors challenge: 8/50
My Kind of Mysteries: 1/20
TBR challenge: 0/12
What’s in a Name: 1/5
Where Are You Reading?: 11/50 – to be finished in 2014
Australian Literature Month: 0/1
Total of books read in 2014 = 8
Number of books added to my TBR in January= 29
6 of the 8 books read this month were received for review
18 readers signed up for my Books on France Challenge, will you join too?
- I organized 6 giveaways this month. All the winners have been notified, I will soon post the list of the latest ones .
- France Book Tours completed 26 book tours, and there are 9 scheduled. If you are interested in reviewing books on your blog for France Book Tours, just fill in this short questionnaire. You can find all kinds of genre: historical fiction, romance, mystery, LGBT, nonfiction, etc.
Most popular recent book review
click on the cover to access my review
Most popular recent post – non book review
Books on France 2014 Reading Challenge
Book blog that brought me
most traffic this past month
Caravana De Recuerdos
please go visit!
over 2,000 subscribers
over 55,000 hits
A great selection for jan all the best for next month
thanks, you too! just dropped a few comments on your blog
Interesting selection this month, lots of non-fiction.
Happy reading in Fwbruary!
thanks, same to you!
You managed to have quite a varied read in January and many books. Hope February is productive too 🙂 Thank you for visiting my blog.
thanks, you too!
The cover of Marie Antoinette’s Head is so fantastic, love it 😀
as good on the outside as in the inside!
It’s great that you read so much non-fiction, I’m trying to do the same in 2014.
I always try to have at least one nonfiction going on at the same time as a novel, and read a bit of both every day
Just like with my post, haven’t heard of many of your books before.
Happy February reading.
thanks Mark, you too