August did not have 31 days, this simply cannot be! Once again running of time to write reviews, read more books, and post my wrap-up!!
My August reading month was average, with 7 books, a total of 1739 pages, that is, 56 pages/day.
I am almost done with 1 audiobook, but have not completely finished it yet, so cannot honestly count it for August – The World’s Strongest Librarian.
Only 2 on the 7 following books have their review. So plenty more to come!!
- L’Amour Actually, by Melanie Jones
- Blindness, by José Saramago
- Sputnik Sweetheart, by Haruki Murakami
- Skylark, by Dezso Kosztolany
1 historical fiction:
The Madonnas of Leningrad, by Debra Dean
- The Consolations of The Forest, by Sylvain Tesson – upcoming review on September 10
As a teaser, here is the blurb I wrote for Bloggers Recommend:
This book is to be savored word by word. It is the diary of a man who spent six months by himself in a cabin on a Siberian lake. It contains beautiful and very evocative descriptions on the landscape, on solitude, on life, and on his numerous readings
- The Most Beautiful Walk in the World, by John Baxter
My favorites this month:
Reading Challenges recap
Around the World in 12 books: 5/12
Books on France: 23/12 – COMPLETED
Cozy Mysteries: 4/10
Ebook challenge: 18/10 – COMPLETED
European reading challenge: 10/5 – COMPLETED
Historical fiction: 24/15 – COMPLETED
Japanese literature: 1/1
New authors challenge: 48/25 – COMPLETED
TBR challenge: 4/12
What’s in a Name: 5/6
Where Are You Reading?: 7/50
Australian Literature: 1/1 – COMPLETED
- 2 of the 7 books mentioned here were received for reviews by author/publisher
- 32 readers signed up for my Books on France Challenge, and 90 reviews have already been posted. Don’t forget to post your reviews, and it is never too late to join!
- Every month, France Book Tours has a giveaway for the book(s) of the month. Have you checked yet the September giveaway? There are 2 books to win!
- France Book Tours already completed 11 book tours, there are 2 fantastic ones live this week, and there are 9 more already scheduled! If you are interested in reviewing books on your blog for France Book Tours, just fill in this short questionnaire. 53 book bloggers havealready done so! You can find all kinds of genre: historical fiction, romance, mystery, LGBT, nonfiction, etc.
Most popular recent book review
Most popular recent post – non book review
Plans for September
Catching up with lots of book reviews to write, read several books for various book events:
– which may not leave much room to go on with my dear Proust and my lagging Reading Challenges!!
But THE big event is definitely my 3rd blogiversary! I have launched a mega giveaway to celebrate!