I took a week off last month, in the middle of nowhere, and surprised myself not reading 1 line, just enjoying bird songs and nature in all its beauty. Hence the poor monthly statistics:
My June total is only 4 books, with a total of only 1148 pages, that is, a pathetic 38.2 pages/day.
And I listened to 1 audiobook of 15:46 hours, which gives a 30 mn/day.
I have been listening to another very long audiobook, but I am not done yet!
I’m still trying to go on reading Proust, In Search of Lost Time. I am in Le côté de Guermantes; I am very far behind the weekly schedule, so not sure I will be able to cover all of Proust in 2013.
Here are the books I read/listened to:
2 historical fiction:
- Studio Saint-Ex, by Ania Szado – with giveaway
- The Nine Fold Heaven, by Mingmei Yip – with giveaway, will be posted tomorrow!
- Taking Root in Provence, by Anne-Marie Simons. This book will be on Tour in November, we still have a few spots available if you would like to receive a free copy and review it.
- Midnight In The Garden of Good And Evil, by John Berendt- audiobook
- Paris, I Love You, But You’re Bringing Me Down, by Rosecrans Baldwin
My favorites this month:
Reading Challenges recap
Around the World in 12 books: 2/12
Books on France: 16/12 – COMPLETED
Cozy Mysteries: 3/10
Ebook challenge: 12/10 – COMPLETED
European reading challenge: 6/5 – COMPLETED
Historical fiction: 21/15 – COMPLETED
Japanese literature: 0/? (starts in June)
New authors challenge: 35/25 – COMPLETED
TBR challenge: 1/12
What’s in a Name: 4/6
Where Are You Reading?: 4/50
Australian Literature: 1/1 – COMPLETED
- 4 of the 5 books mentioned here were received for reviews by author/publisher
- 31 readers signed up for my Books on France Challenge, and 71 reviews have already been posted. Don’t forget to post your reviews, and it is never too late to join!
- Every month, France Book Tours has a giveaway for the book of the month. Have you checked yet the July giveaway? 91 entries were received for the June giveaway.
- France Book Tours already completed 2 book tours, and there are many more already scheduled! If you are interested in reviewing books on your blog for France Book Tours, just fill in this short questionnaire.
- As we are talking about giveaways, you can see now current giveaways prominently displayed on the right side bar, to make your life easier as a reader.
- I participated in Audiobook Week.
- I visited The Cahokia Mounds, near Saint Louis, as featured in this terrific historical novel.
Most popular recent book review
Most popular recent post – non book review
Plans for July
- Nothing much, except read something for Japanese Literature Reading Challenge 7.
- TRY to get less involved in reviews for book tours, and work more on some of my reading challenges
- read more of Proust!