Not sure what happened: I had the feeling I was reading a lot,
but the total is only 5 books, with a total of only 1542 pages, that is, a pathetic 49.7 pages/day.
And I listened to 1 audiobook of 15:46 hours, which gives a 30 mn/day.
2 possible explanations for so few titles:
– I’m trying to go on reading Proust, In Search of Lost Time. I am in Le côté de Guermantes.
– But what kept me super busy this month is France Book Tours: it went live on April 18, and already 9 books are on Tour, plus 1 in the making!
Check if by any chance you would love to read any of the books posted – all the upcoming tours are listed in the side bar. If it does not say Booking Up Now, it means I already have all the bloggers for that book.
If you sign up to host a stop, of course you receive for free the book you choose to review, but you also get an automatic triple entry in the giveaway of the month, which is either a book or a $15 gift card of your choice, plus your blog is featured during the whole month if you are the month winner.
If you follow Words And Peace, do you mind doing me a favor and also signing up by email to France Book Tours? Thanks so much!
So here are the books I read/listened to:
3 historical fiction
- Seduction, by M.J. Rose
- Chronicle of the Mound Builders, by Elle Marie
- Cascade, by Maryanne O’Hara – review to be posted on 6/3 and giveaway on 6/4!
- Three Lives of Tomomi Ishikawa, by Benjamin Constable –ebook
- Ready Player One, by Ernest Cline – audiobook – review will be posted during Audiobook Week!
1 picture book/graphic novels:
- Vader’s Little Princess, by Jeffrey Brown
My favorites this month:
the choice is extremely tough as I REALLY enjoyed a lot
4 out of 5 of these books!
Reading Challenges recap
Around the World in 12 books: 2/12
Books on France: 12/12 – COMPLETED
Cozy Mysteries: 3/10
Ebook challenge: 12/10 – COMPLETED
European reading challenge: 6/5 – COMPLETED
Historical fiction: 19/15 – COMPLETED
Japanese literature: 0/? (starts in June)
New authors challenge: 28/25 – COMPLETED
TBR challenge: 1/12
What’s in a Name: 4/6
Where Are You Reading?: 4/50
Australian Literature: 1/1 – COMPLETED
- 3 of the 5 books mentioned here were for Virtual Book Tours
- 30 readers signed up for my Books on France Challenge, and 54 reviews have already been posted. Don’t forget to post your reviews, and it is never too late to join!
- Every month, France Book Tours has a giveaway for the book of the month. Have you checked yet the June giveaway? May received 64 entries, which I am happy for a beginning.
- Because of some unresolved bug, I left Taptu and am now using Bloglovin as a RSS Feed Reader. I do NOT like the fact that I can’t share a post to Twitter directly from my Nook Color, but I guess I’ll have to live with it, until a perfect one is invented!
- I added a Follow this blog through Bloglovin button and a fun flag button on my right side barAnd of course now we are at the heart of Armchair BEA. I have some exciting giveaway for you, open until the very last mn of Armchair BEA! I’m thrilled to be even a Cheerleader this year!
Most popular recent book review
Most popular recent post – non book review
Plans for May
- Finish Armchair BEA!
- Visit Cahokia Mounds, cool place featured in this awesome and very original Historical Fiction novel
- Participate in Audiobook Week!
- Post several reviews on neat books on France
- Organize a couple of giveaways
- Post some interviews on France Book Tours
- Get the first 2 tours LIVE on France Book Tours: The Summer of France and Seduction.
- Post what I will try to read for Japanese Literature Reading Challenge 7.
- TRY to get less involved in reviews for book tours, and work more on some of my reading challenges!!