Again, the past month was quite eventful, reading wise and blogging wise.
On the reading front, I managed to read 8 books, same as last month, with a total of 2266 pages, that is, 75.5 pages/day.
And I listened to 1 audiobook, a very long one of 24:45 hours, which gives a 49 mn/day.
Here are the books I read:
- Let’s Explore Diabetes With Owls, by David Sedaris
- From Absinthe to Zest, by Alexandre Dumas
- Benjamin Franklin: An American Life, by Walter Isaacson –audio
2 historical fiction
- The Scent of Triumph, by Jan Moran –ebook
- Syncopation, by Elizabeth Caulfield Felt
- The Tree of Man, by Patrick White
- A l’ombre des jeunes filles en fleurs, by Marcel Proust –ebook
2 picture book/graphic novels:
- The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories, by Joseph Gordon-Levitt
- An Enchantment, by Christian Durieux
My favorites this month:
Reading Challenges recap
Around the World in 12 books: 2/12
Books on France: 11/12
Cozy Mysteries: 3/10
Ebook challenge: 11/10
European reading challenge: 6/5 – COMPLETED
Historical fiction: 16/15 – COMPLETED
Japanese literature: 0/? (starts in June)
New authors challenge: 24/25
TBR challenge: 1/12
What’s in a Name: 4/6
Where Are You Reading?: 4/50
Australian Literature: 1/1 – COMPLETED
- I have started participating in another meme, WWW Wednesdays. Not sure I will do this every week, but so far so good.
- I participated in Treasure Chest Giveaway Hop
- and in Australian Literature Month
- 30 readers signed up for my Books on France Challenge, and 46 reviews have already been posted. Don’t forget to post your reviews, and it is never too late to join!
- AND AND THE BIG thing of the month is the launch of France Book Tours. This blog has been little by little focusing more on France. So I decided to organize Virtual Book Tours for books about/set in France, or with any type of connection with France. It is only 2 weeks old, and 3 book tours are being booked, with a nice number of bloggers already involved. It is really fun getting to know more book bloggers. Launching prices are very affordable right now for authors, and there are great perks for bloggers who sign up to post a review/interview: you of course receive for free the book you choose to review, but you also get an automatic triple entry in the giveaway of the month, which is either a book or a $15 gift card of your choice, plus your blog is featured during the whole month.
- Come over to see what book you can win this month – anyone can enter the giveaway!
Most popular recent book review
The Dervish – 3rd month in a row!
Most popular recent post – non book review
Plans for May
- Reading a couple of paperbacks received for virtual book tours
- Hopefully sign up more virtual book tours for the summer
- May 27-June 2: Participating in Armchair BEA