Wow, just one more month, and 2012 is over, for all its fascinating Reading Challenges, and much more!
I managed to keep rather busy this past month AND to read a lot. The numbers are high, to my standard, also by the fact that I finally finished an over 500 pages book started last February!
I read 10 books, 4 being non-fiction works.
Total of 3339 pages , that is 111.3 pages/day, the highest average of the year, but again, thanks to 1 BIG book started many months ago.
And I listened to 2 audiobooks, with a total of 20:57 hours, and an average of 40 mn/day.
And and I even have 4 books reviewed!!
A Wrinkle In Time: The Graphic Novel, by Hope Larson (Graphic novel)
The Summer of France, by Paulita Kincer (ebook)
Action Philosophers vol 2 by Fred Van Lente & Ryan Dunlavey (Graphic “novel”)
The Black Count, by Tom Reiss (ebook)
Beyond The Sky And The Earth: A Journey Into Bhutan, by Jamie Zeppa
The Ascetical Homilies, by St Isaac The Syrian – the famous book started last February!
Othello, by Shakespeare
I LISTENED TO
Sacrilege, by S. J. Parris
A Palm For Mrs Pollifax, by Dorothy Gilman
BEST BOOKS THIS MONTH
- Around the World in 52 books: 38/52
- Around the world in 12 books: 11/12
- European reading challenge: 11/5 – COMPLETED
- I love Italy: 3/3 – COMPLETED
- Dewey Decimal: 34/20 – COMPLETED
- We want you to read French authors: 6/5 – COMPLETED (ends in August)
- Books in translation: 16/10-12 – COMPLETED
- South Asia: 7/7 – COMPLETED
- Middle East: 8/18
- My own reading challenge: 3/5
- What’s in a Name: 6/6 – COMPLETED
- Ebook challenge: 11/10 – COMPLETED
- Audiobook: 15/12 – COMPLETED
- Support your library: 54/37 – COMPLETED
- Finishing the series: 2/1 – COMPLETED
- 2nds challenge: 9/3 – COMPLETED
- Foodies: 1/3
- Japanese literature: 3/1+ – COMPLETED
- Historical novels: 20/7-10 – COMPLETED
- New authors challenge: 50/15 -COMPLETED
- A Shakespeare play a month: 11/12
- SHAKESPEARE READING MONTH: 1/1 – COMPLETED
- AUSTRALIAN LITERATURE MONTH: 1/1 – COMPLETED
- DICKENS READING MONTH: 1/1 – COMPLETED
- Graham Green Challenge: 1/1 – COMPLETED
BLOGGING EVENTS IN OCTOBER
- I organized my first read-along, on The House At Riverton, by Kate Morton.
- I reviewed 2 books for a Tour:
– The Lincoln Conspiracy, by Timothy L. O’Brien
– The Siren of Paris, by David LeRoy
- I was invited by Simon & Schuster to review audiobooks for them! My first review will be on Birds Of A lesser Paradise.
- I set up a Reading Challenge FOR you in 2013: Books on France! Do you want to join us?
UPCOMING BLOGGING EVENTS
Nothing special, just trying to finish a few more challenges! And oh signing up for some 2013 Reading Challenges. I’m going to try to refrain, so that I can work on my crazy long TBR.
- The Tempest, by Shakespeare
- The Far Traveler: Voyages of a Viking Woman, by Nancy Marie Brown
- Birds of a Lesser Paradise, by Megan Mayhew Bergman (audio)
- Illuminations: a Novel of Hildegard von Bingen, by Mary Sharratt (ebook)
WHAT I PLAN TO READ BEFORE THE END OF 2012
TO COMPLETE ALL MY READING CHALLENGES
following your suggestions, thanks!
- On Kuweit?
- On Lebanon= House of Stone – audiobook
- On Lybia?
- On Oman?
- On Palestine= Palestine, by Joe Sacco
- On Qatar?
- On Saudi Arabia= Eight Months On Ghazzah Street, by Hilary Mantel
- On Tunisia?
- On Arab Emirates = A Hologram for the King by Dave Eggers (audio)
- On Yemen= Salmon Fishing in the Yemen by Paul Torday
Do you think I can make it???
HAVE YOU READ ANY OF THE BOOKS MENTIONED IN THIS POST?
HOW WAS YOUR READING MONTH OF NOVEMBER?
ANY SPECIAL READING TREATS
FOR YOU BEFORE THE END OF THE YEAR?