BBAW and Bloggiesta are over, which means it’s already time to read monthly wrap-ups and consider what to read for the remaining 3 months of 2012!
I read 6 books, 1 being non-fiction works. Total of 1721 pages, that is 57.3 pages/day, that is, slightly more than in August.
I listened to 2 audiobooks, 1 historical fiction, 1 non-fiction; I started one the month before, and it was very long (25 hours!), so that makes for a high average: 64 mn/day, with a total of 32:37 hours!
The Unexpected Mrs Pollifax, by Dorothy Gilman
Beauty For Ashes, by Stephen Lloyd-Moffett
The Merry Wives of Windsor, by Shakespeare
I LISTENED TO
To The End of The Land, by David Grossman
The Aleppo Codex, by Matti Friedman
BEST BOOKS THIS MONTH
- Around the World in 52 books: 27/52
- Around the world in 12 books: 8/12
- European reading challenge: 10/5 – COMPLETED
- I love Italy: 3/3 – COMPLETED
- Dewey Decimal: 26/20 – COMPLETED
- We want you to read French authors: 6/5 – COMPLETED (ends in August)
- Books in translation: 11/10-12 – COMPLETED
- South Asia: 5/7
- Middle East: 6/18
- My own reading challenge: 1/5
- What’s in a Name: 5/6
- Ebook challenge: 9/10
- Audiobook: 10/12
- Support your library: 38/37 – COMPLETED
- Finishing the series: 1/1 – COMPLETED
- 2nds challenge: 7/3 – COMPLETED
- Foodies: 1/3
- Japanese literature: 1/1+
- Historical novels: 13/7-10 – COMPLETED
- New authors challenge: 35/15 -COMPLETED
- A Shakespeare play a month: 9/12
- SHAKESPEARE READING MONTH: 1/1 – COMPLETED
- AUSTRALIAN LITERATURE MONTH: 1/1 – COMPLETED
- DICKENS READING MONTH: 1/1 – COMPLETED
- Graham Green Challenge: 1/1 – COMPLETED
With still 3 months to go, it looks like I may actually be able to fulfill all my reading challenges!
BLOGGING EVENTS IN SEPTEMBER
– Bloggiesta: terrific experience! I managed to accomplish 10 things, one of which being the change of my blog theme, as you can see.
– On the 2nd day of Bloggiesta, I celebrated my 2nd blogiversary, with a giveaway
– I had my first author interview: Debra Dean, author of The Mirrored World.
– I just realized that the book blogger Leslie @ Under My Apple Tree is living very close to me, AND she is also an avid birder!!
MOST POPULAR LATEST REVIEW
Le Road Trip, by Vivian Swift
UPCOMING BLOGGING EVENTS
- A conference where I will meet Debra Dean in person
- A bird outing where I will finally meet Leslie @ Under My Apple Tree
- Launching my first read-along with The House At Riverton, by Kate Morton. The first post will be in November, but I will send the questions for the first part in October, to help those who have signed up to read with me. It’s not too late to do sign-up.
- On Oct 29, I will post my review of Barbara Kingsolver’s terrific novel: Flight Behavior
– The Black Count, by Tom Reiss (ebook)
– The Thief, by Fuminori Nakamura
– Itinerary: An Intellectual Journey, by Octavio Paz
– A Lady Cyclist’s Guide to Kashgar, by Suzanne Joinson (audiobook)
– Twelfth Night, by Shakespeare
HAVE YOU READ ANY OF THE BOOKS MENTIONED IN THIS POST?
HOW WAS YOUR READING MONTH OF SEPTEMBER?
DO YOU HAVE SOME SPECIAL READING PLANS
BEFORE THE END OF THE YEAR?