Bloggiesta was awesome for me this year, I did way more than I thought I would have time for:
- organized giveaway for my 2nd blogiversary on 9/29
- did the grade yourself mini-challenge, and obtained 87/100
- participated in the twitter party Friday night for 90 mn. That was really fun and educative. I used Twitter chat for the first time, it really made things so easier!
- backed-up my blog! First time ever!
- on my right menu, took off the rate box for each reading challenge, and included the results in the title of each challenge
- began an alphabetical list of authors I have reviewed! I can’t believe I DID it! So far all 2012 is covered, I need to go back in time at next opportunity.
- set up a weekly schedule for my blog. If all goes well, I will post at least 2 reviews/week, and be more faithful at my own meme I Love France every Thursday.
- listed the books I would like to read by the end of 2012 to cover all my reading challenges. That makes up 23 books, which should be possible in 3 months.
- reordered the list of my pages – see my top horizontal menu
- changed my theme to Dark Wood. I would have liked Andreas04, but realized it was not compatible with WordAds. Dark Wood is a warm theme, and the 2 right columns I wanted still allow a wide space for the posts themselves. But I had to spend time reformatting the width of many icons of the sidebar menus.
What I planned to do but did NOT:
– writing a few long overdue reviews
– on my right menu, update the list of blogs I follow
What do you think of my new theme,
the way I organized the 2 columns?
HOW WAS YOUR BLOGGIESTA?
Pingback: Bloggiesta is coming! « Words And Peace
You got lots done! And the things you didn’t do, well, maybe they aren’t all that important, anyway. Making a list of reviews by author is a lot of work! I did a similar thing this weekend.
I see, nice job. I debated to do it by title as you did or by author. I was also wondering if I should add the year, I may follow your example and go edit my list. I need to think if as a reader I would want to know the date or not, before I decide to edit that or not.
Definitely worth thinking about before doing all that work. My list is by author. I added the dates for myself but I also thought others might like to know whether something is a recent book by an author or an older book they hadn’t heard of.
oops, I had not looked closely enough, it is by author, but you listed the book title first
Pingback: September 2012 wrap-up « Words And Peace