Last day of Audiobook Week, which means, last day to enter my giveaway!
And here are the last questions:
Where do you learn about great audiobook titles? Find reviews?
I learn about great audiobook titles
- mostly through all the bloggers I follow. That’s where I know if it’s better to read a book or listen to it – Ready Player One is the best example for that
- through Audiobook Jukebox, which posts reviews of bloggers – mine are there. A great website where you can as well receive audiobooks for free to review
- through Jen’s Friday meme Sound Bytes: she posts an audiobook review, and you can link any audiobook review you wrote that day or that week
Nothing really original, I bet you are all going to mention these in your answers
Where do you buy your audiobooks? Share your secrets with the rest of us!
First, let me say I have never bought an audiobook, and actually I extremely rarely buy any book.
I have a fantastic library, which is part of a group of about 80 libraries, and still if the book I want is not there, I can get it for free with inter-library loan, from any other library, public or even academic, in my state!
No desire or need to use audible or the like.
- So the first place for me to find audiobooks is my public library, either on site, with books on CDs or playaways; or through the online databases, yes, we have 2: Overdrive and OneClick Digital, which allow me to listen directly on my ipod touch. I would think by now, almost all libraries, if not all, have probably something like this available on their website.
- I also receive audiobooks from publishers for free, for review, Bring Up The Bodies was the latest – through Audiobook Jukebox!
- Sometimes I want to listen to classics, and there are good free services. I would recommend Librivox. The last audiobook I got from them was Lilith, by Georges MacDonald, and I was really impressed by the volunteer narrator, Pete Williams. You can get these books through a free app on your i-devices, I use Book Player. It has a large library included
Nothing really original here
DO YOU HAVE SOME SPECIAL SECRET
TO GET AUDIOBOOKS?