Yesterday night, I listened to/participated in the Live Panel Discussions, with the Armchair BEA organizers and past BEA attendees. It lasted about an hour and was very i.nformative. Here are the main topics they discussed:
- BEA, Book Festivals & Trade Shows
- Publisher & Blogger Relationships
- How to Improve Book Blogging/Publisher Relationships
- The Blogging Community Where You Live
- Reasons Behind Why We Blog
The great news is that if you missed it, you can listen to it here!
Here is what I got from it:
- Attend the upcoming Chicago Book Festival, the Printers Row Lit Fest, in June 4th-5th.
- Add a clear Contact me page on my book blog
- Add a Review Policy page, though I’m not totally looking for review copies, as I have already so many books on my TBR list, and my Public Library has all the books I need. BUT, if I could get hold of upcoming books, that would be fantastic – Murakami and Eco have some good ones coming out in the Fall! – just DOL [dreaming out loud]
- Trying to connect ‘in person’ with some local book bloggers, I know they are around
DID YOU LISTEN TO THE PANEL?
WHAT ARE YOUR RESOLUTIONS?
This morning, they also organized a Twitter party; unfortunately, I was only able to stay on for one question, about who our favorite author was; mine is Mary Doria Russell; it was amazing to see how many people were answering, I wonder how many were attending the party.