I can’t believe we are already August 12, and here is finally my August recap, the culprit being a 53,000 words book to translate in French.
But sounds like many book bloggers are very late also for this month.
My July was booktastic, even the best month of 2013 so far as for pages numbers, and only 2 mn less than my best audiobook month this year.
And I have already finished 2 books in August.
My July total is 9 books, with a total of 2713 pages, that is, 87.5 pages/day.
And I listened to 2 audiobooks of 24:51 hours, which gives 48 mn/day.
The Cuckoos of Batch Magna, by Peter Maughan - upcoming review
The Marseille Caper, by Peter Mayle - audiobook, upcoming review
William Shakespeare’s Star Wars, by Ian Doescher
2 historical fiction:
- Treachery in Bordeaux, by Jean-Pierre Alaux. And if you want to read more reviews, hop here on the virtual book tour!
You can even win it as an ebook – giveaway open until the end of August!
- The Second Rule of Ten, by Gay Hendricks
- The Bones of Paris, by Laurie R. King- review scheduled for September
Eighty Days: Nellie Bly and Elizabeth Bisland’s History-Making Race Around the World, by Matthew Goodman - audiobook – upcoming review
1 comic book:
You’Re All Just Jealous of My Jetpack, by Tom Gauld
My favorites this month:
Reading Challenges recap
Around the World in 12 books: 3/12
Books on France: 22/12 – COMPLETED
Cozy Mysteries: 4/10
Ebook challenge: 18/10 – COMPLETED
European reading challenge: 8/5 – COMPLETED
Historical fiction: 23/15 – COMPLETED
Japanese literature: 0/1
New authors challenge: 45/25 – COMPLETED
TBR challenge: 2/12
What’s in a Name: 5/6
Where Are You Reading?: 7/50
Australian Literature: 1/1 – COMPLETED
- 7 of the 11 books mentioned here were received for reviews by author/publisher
- 32 readers signed up for my Books on France Challenge, and 81 reviews have already been posted. Don’t forget to post your reviews, and it is never too late to join!
- Every month, France Book Tours has a giveaway for the book of the month. Have you checked yet the August giveaway? There are even 2 books to win!
- France Book Tours already completed 10 book tours, and there are 9 more already scheduled! If you are interested in reviewing books on your blog for France Book Tours, just fill in this short questionnaire. You can find all kinds of genre: romance, mystery, LGBT, nonfiction, etc.
- I participated in Paris In July
Most popular recent book review
Most popular recent post – non book review
Plans for August
Not much, apart from catching up with lots of book reviews to write!!
I need also to create some interesting poss for France Book Tours, when there’s no tour going on.
And I would like to activate my “Eiffel rocks” – surprise surprise!
I’d like to finally focus more on my reading challenges to finish. Hence, here is the list of books I would like to read before the end of the year. With my monthly average, that should be very easy to do, if I don’t get derailed by too many other review requests!!
|Sputnik Sweetheart, by Murakami||or any other Japanese|
|cleaner of chartres||audio|
|party or celebration in the title??|
|Bulgaria: The Elusive Mrs. Pollifax||audio|
|Chile: My invented country||853 AL53|
|Portugal: Blindness, by Nobel Prize winning author José Saramago||currently reading|
|Hungary: Skylark – Dezső Kosztolányi|
|Finland: New Finnish Grammar|
|Zambia: Mrs. Pollifax on Safari (1976)||audio|
|Thailand: Mrs. Pollifax and the Golden Triangle (1988)||audio|
|Sicily: Mrs. Pollifax and the Second Thief||audio|
|Botswana: The Limpopo Academy of Private Detection by Alexander McCall Smith|
|Tibet: Across Many Moutains: Three Daughters of Tibet|
|Afghanistan: The Bookseller of kabul|
|The Most Beautiful Walk in the World, by John Baxter|
|The Lover’s Dictionary, by David Levithan|
|The Madonnas of Leningrad, by Debra Dean|
|Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?, by Philip K. Dick|
|Mistress of the Revolution, by Catherine Delors|
|Azincourt, by Bernard Cornwell|
|The Friar of Carcassonne, by Stephen O’Shea|
|Mozart’s Last Aria, by Matt Rees|
|The Library At Night, by Alberto Manguel|